Photogtaphy Forums

Photography Forums > Camera Manufacturers > Canon > Canon 50D?

Reply
 
 
Eric Miller
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      08-22-2008, 02:54 AM
I figured that a 5D replacement was coming, not that I really care. My
5D will be with me till it falls apart.

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...n_eos_50D.html

Eric Miller
www.colibrihotsauce.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bruce
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      08-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Eric Miller <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>I figured that a 5D replacement was coming, not that I really care. My
>5D will be with me till it falls apart.
>
>http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...n_eos_50D.html



There is no suggestion that the 50D will be full frame.

Therefore, it cannot possibly be a replacement for the 5D.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Darrell A. Larose
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      08-22-2008, 01:08 PM

"Bruce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Eric Miller <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>I figured that a 5D replacement was coming, not that I really care. My
>>5D will be with me till it falls apart.
>>
>>http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...n_eos_50D.html

>
>
> There is no suggestion that the 50D will be full frame.
>
> Therefore, it cannot possibly be a replacement for the 5D.
>

This is what Canon Canada have tagged as the 40+ Canon will give formal
word of these the 7D and the 50D today in Montreal.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Eric Miller
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      08-22-2008, 05:37 PM
>
> Therefore, it cannot possibly be a replacement for the 5D.
>
>


.. . . nor did I claim that it was.

Eric Miller
www.dyesscreek.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
Bruce
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      08-22-2008, 08:30 PM
"Eric Miller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>
>> Therefore, it cannot possibly be a replacement for the 5D.
>>
>>

>
>. . . nor did I claim that it was.



Then why did you introduce your article with:

"I figured that a 5D replacement was coming ..."?


 
Reply With Quote
 
John Sheehy
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      08-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:2f0ta4lf4b9d4o3o7iu9irr8qcn67gto09@
4ax.com:

> There is no suggestion that the 50D will be full frame.


> Therefore, it cannot possibly be a replacement for the 5D.


Why would a camera series *ever* be expected to have a change of sensor
size? That should require the introduction of a new series. There are
advantages to all sizes of sensor.

In order to have a "reach-resolve" better than the 40D, a FF camera would
need more than 26 MP. If they ended the 1.6 crop with the 40D, and the
"replacement" had a lower pixel density, that would be a degrade, not an
upgrade, IMO.



--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>
><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

 
Reply With Quote
 
Eric Miller
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      08-23-2008, 02:21 AM
Bruce wrote:
> "Eric Miller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>>>Therefore, it cannot possibly be a replacement for the 5D.
>>>
>>>

>>
>>. . . nor did I claim that it was.

>
>
>
> Then why did you introduce your article with:
>
> "I figured that a 5D replacement was coming ..."?
>
>


Perhaps a better phrasing would have been, "I expected a 5D replacement
but here's what we get instead." I guess my diction assumed the
obviousness of your statement in response.

Eric Miller
www.colibrihotsauce.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
David Nebenzahl
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      08-23-2008, 05:55 AM
On 8/21/2008 7:54 PM Eric Miller spake thus:

> I figured that a 5D replacement was coming, not that I really care. My
> 5D will be with me till it falls apart.
>
> http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...n_eos_50D.html


This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
which is concerned with film cameras that use 35mm film, not digital
cameras that look like 35mm SLRs.

Please use an appropriate newsgroup for postings on digital cameras. One
of the following groups would be a good place for such postings:

rec.photo.digital
rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
rec.photo.digital.rangefinder
rec.photo.digital.slr
rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

(Note that the list of groups available to you depends on what your ISP
or news provider carries, and may differ from this list)


--
"In 1964 Barry Goldwater declared: 'Elect me president, and I
will bomb the cities of Vietnam, defoliate the jungles, herd the
population into concentration camps and turn the country into a
wasteland.' But Lyndon Johnson said: 'No! No! No! Don't you dare do
that. Let ME do it.'"

- Characterization (paraphrased) of the 1964 Goldwater/Johnson
presidential race by Professor Irwin Corey, "The World's Foremost
Authority".
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bob
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      08-23-2008, 08:03 AM

"Eric Miller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FQprk.13803$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>I figured that a 5D replacement was coming, not that I really care. My 5D
>will be with me till it falls apart.
>
> http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...n_eos_50D.html
>
> Eric Miller
> www.colibrihotsauce.com


who cares


 
Reply With Quote
 
SMS
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      08-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Alfred Molon wrote:
> In article <48afa5ef$0$31974$(E-Mail Removed) m>, David
> Nebenzahl says...
>> On 8/21/2008 7:54 PM Eric Miller spake thus:
>>
>>> I figured that a 5D replacement was coming, not that I really care. My
>>> 5D will be with me till it falls apart.
>>>
>>> http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...n_eos_50D.html

>> This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
>> which is concerned with film cameras that use 35mm film, not digital
>> cameras that look like 35mm SLRs.

>
> The charter of rec.photo.equipment.35mm does not mention film cameras:
>
> ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/news.an...rec/rec.photo-
> reorg2
>
> CHARTER: rec.photo.equipment.35mm
>
> rec.photo.equipment.35mm 35mm format equipment discussion
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> This group is for the discussion of all aspects of 35mm camera
> equipment.
> This includes 35mm SLR camera bodies and lenses, 35mm point-and-shoot
> cameras, 35mm rangefinder cameras, 35mm scale focus cameras and
> 35mm half-frame cameras.
>
> In other words discussion on a full frame DSLR is on topic in
> rec.photo.equipment.35mm.


As someone else pointed out, the charter also mentions "half frame."
Half frame 35mm was very close is size to APS-C.

Regardless, many of us have both film and digital bodies, and
interchange components between them. Even if the charter did restrict
discussion to film a lot of the posts on equipment are relevant to both
groups.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Olympus was right: The value of good adhesives. Canon, Canon, Canon... RichA Olympus 23 10-11-2007 01:45 PM
"Canon, Canon, Canon.....woe is your 1DMkIII RichA Canon 3 07-22-2007 06:25 PM
Canon, Canon, Canon...... RichA Canon 71 04-11-2007 03:14 AM
Canon, Canon, Canon; Probs with 30D! RichA Canon 56 04-12-2006 12:28 AM
Where to sell Canon EOS500 body, Canon EF 35-80mm f4-5.6 III lens and Canon EF 75-300mm f4-5.6 III lens Randall Gillespie Canon 0 10-03-2004 09:55 AM