Photogtaphy Forums

Photography Forums > Photography Newsgroups > Software Archive > Photoshop > change language menu photoshop

change language menu photoshop

m...bos

05-09-2007, 12:52 PM
does anybody know if there plugins for photoshop, to change the language of
the menu? (for instance : english into dutch; or to make it the same
language of the operating system (mac or windows).

m...bos

Rudy Benner

05-09-2007, 02:10 PM

"m...bos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4641c3ee$0$739$(E-Mail Removed) t.nl...
> does anybody know if there plugins for photoshop, to change the language
> of
> the menu? (for instance : english into dutch; or to make it the same
> language of the operating system (mac or windows).
>
> m...bos
>
>

I believe that is setup during the install process.

Johan W. Elzenga

05-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Rudy Benner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "m...bos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4641c3ee$0$739$(E-Mail Removed) t.nl...
> > does anybody know if there plugins for photoshop, to change the language
> > of
> > the menu? (for instance : english into dutch; or to make it the same
> > language of the operating system (mac or windows).
> >
> > m...bos
> >
> >

>
> I believe that is setup during the install process.

Nope, neither. If you want Photoshop in another language, you have to
buy it in that other language.

--
Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl
Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.com

SpaceGirl

05-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Johan W. Elzenga wrote:
> Rudy Benner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> I believe that is setup during the install process.

>
> Nope, neither. If you want Photoshop in another language, you have to
> buy it in that other language.
>
>

Yep. That's why adobe charge 210% of the US price here in the UK. For
localisation apparently. Wow, changing those S's to Z's must be
expensive work!

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Johan W. Elzenga

05-09-2007, 07:40 PM
SpaceGirl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > Nope, neither. If you want Photoshop in another language, you have to
> > buy it in that other language.
> >
> >

>
> Yep. That's why adobe charge 210% of the US price here in the UK. For
> localisation apparently. Wow, changing those S's to Z's must be
> expensive work!

You forget changing 'color' to 'colour'. That explains it all.

--
Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl
Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.com

Mike

05-09-2007, 10:47 PM
In article <1hxv85i.1wva97g12a4vusN%(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)lid says...
> SpaceGirl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > > Nope, neither. If you want Photoshop in another language, you have to
> > > buy it in that other language.
> > >
> > >

> >
> > Yep. That's why adobe charge 210% of the US price here in the UK. For
> > localisation apparently. Wow, changing those S's to Z's must be
> > expensive work!

>
> You forget changing 'color' to 'colour'. That explains it all.
>

Yep - there is a BIG premium on the letter 'u'.

Dave

05-10-2007, 06:02 PM
On Thu, 10 May 2007 10:47:50 +1200, Mike <m.fee@iirrll..ccrrii..nnzz>
wrote:

>In article <1hxv85i.1wva97g12a4vusN%(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)lid says...
>> SpaceGirl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> > > Nope, neither. If you want Photoshop in another language, you have to
>> > > buy it in that other language.
>> > >
>> > >
>> >
>> > Yep. That's why adobe charge 210% of the US price here in the UK. For
>> > localisation apparently. Wow, changing those S's to Z's must be
>> > expensive work!

>>
>> You forget changing 'color' to 'colour'. That explains it all.
>>

>Yep - there is a BIG premium on the letter 'u'.

U sure?

Dave

09-11-2010, 08:38 PM
As of today, there is a easy way to change it to English:

First Step: Before you do anything, make sure you exit Photoshop! Otherwise you may experience problems.

The second step is to open the Photoshop program folder. On Windows, this is "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop " by default. If you installed the application with the Creative Suite or if you customized the installation path, this may vary, though.

If you are on a Macintosh (lucky you , I think you somehow need to open the application Package to access the files. I don't know any details of how to do this, and I am not even sure this method works on a Mac, as I don't have access to one. I'm afraid you are on your own there. Feel free to post your results here.

Ok, now look into the "Required" subfolder. There you will find two files, one named "tw10428.dat", and one named "tw12508.dat". Depending on you Photoshop version, you may have only one of these. These files contain the localized text strings (i.e. the translations of the menu items and dialog boxes and all that stuff) for your Photoshop.
The trick is to rename these files, so Photoshop won't be able to access them. I advise you to append ".bak" (for backup) to the file name, so you can change back later if you want to. I would recommend against deleting them.

If you are on a Photoshop version without Activation, you are done now. Start Photoshop the way you usually do, and the interface should appear in vintage US English.

If you are using newer version of Photoshop which has the the beloved Activation feature (the CS and CS2 versions if I remember correctly), you need to perform an additional step. If you skip this, Photoshop won't start because the activation wizard thinks it's being fooled.

In the main Photoshop application folder, go to the "Activation" subfolder. There you will find another subfolder named with your language acronym (eg. "de_DE" in the German version). Rename this folder to "en_US". Now you can start Photoshop, and the interface language has changed.

If you want to switch back to your native version, just rename the files and folder as the were before.

If anything went wrong (I told you you are doing this at your own risk!), don't despair, a re-install of the application should fix your problems

03-28-2011, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangavideo View Post
As of today, there is a easy way to change it to English:

First Step: Before you do anything, make sure you exit Photoshop! Otherwise you may experience problems.

The second step is to open the Photoshop program folder. On Windows, this is "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop " by default. If you installed the application with the Creative Suite or if you customized the installation path, this may vary, though.

If you are on a Macintosh (lucky you , I think you somehow need to open the application Package to access the files. I don't know any details of how to do this, and I am not even sure this method works on a Mac, as I don't have access to one. I'm afraid you are on your own there. Feel free to post your results here.

Ok, now look into the "Required" subfolder. There you will find two files, one named "tw10428.dat", and one named "tw12508.dat". Depending on you Photoshop version, you may have only one of these. These files contain the localized text strings (i.e. the translations of the menu items and dialog boxes and all that stuff) for your Photoshop.
The trick is to rename these files, so Photoshop won't be able to access them. I advise you to append ".bak" (for backup) to the file name, so you can change back later if you want to. I would recommend against deleting them.

If you are on a Photoshop version without Activation, you are done now. Start Photoshop the way you usually do, and the interface should appear in vintage US English.

If you are using newer version of Photoshop which has the the beloved Activation feature (the CS and CS2 versions if I remember correctly), you need to perform an additional step. If you skip this, Photoshop won't start because the activation wizard thinks it's being fooled.

In the main Photoshop application folder, go to the "Activation" subfolder. There you will find another subfolder named with your language acronym (eg. "de_DE" in the German version). Rename this folder to "en_US". Now you can start Photoshop, and the interface language has changed.

If you want to switch back to your native version, just rename the files and folder as the were before.

If anything went wrong (I told you you are doing this at your own risk!), don't despair, a re-install of the application should fix your problems

FOR WINDOWS VERSION:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Locales\es_MX\Support Files

You will find tw10428.dat. i renamed it to tw10428.bck

Merci beaucoup