Photogtaphy Forums

Photography Forums > Photography Newsgroups > Software Archive > Amateur Video Production > Creating a countdown video

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Creating a countdown video

 
 
davewiener@comcast.net
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      06-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Can anyone tell me how to create a 5 minute countdown video? I'm
assuming that the counter is just an overlay that you put into the
corner. I have worked with only some basic editing software, and
cannot find a timer like that or how to do it.

Help?!?!?!

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
PTravel
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      06-28-2007, 06:19 PM

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Can anyone tell me how to create a 5 minute countdown video? I'm
> assuming that the counter is just an overlay that you put into the
> corner. I have worked with only some basic editing software, and
> cannot find a timer like that or how to do it.
>
> Help?!?!?!


Adobe AfterEffects can create a countdown (and countup) timer. I'm not
aware of any consumer products that can do this.


>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Richard Crowley
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      06-28-2007, 07:34 PM
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote ...
> Can anyone tell me how to create a 5 minute countdown video? I'm
> assuming that the counter is just an overlay that you put into the
> corner. I have worked with only some basic editing software, and
> cannot find a timer like that or how to do it.


I created a little Windows application that shows a countdown
(or up, if you prefer) on a PC screen (full screen, if you like).
I would run that and capture the video from the computer.
http://www.rcrowley.com/Cmcount (freeware)


 
Reply With Quote
 
Smarty
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      06-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Ulead VideoStudio 11 Plus comes with a collection of pre-made clips
including one called "V18" which can be played as-is to count down timer, or
reversed (by clicking the "Reverse Video" box) as a count up timer. It is
quite primitive and may not look right for your specific needs, but the
trial version of the software is free and may get you what you want.

You can lengthen or shorten the clip duration to make it as long or short as
you want, but the video clip itself goes from 5 to 1 or 1 to 5.....


Smarty
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Can anyone tell me how to create a 5 minute countdown video? I'm
> assuming that the counter is just an overlay that you put into the
> corner. I have worked with only some basic editing software, and
> cannot find a timer like that or how to do it.
>
> Help?!?!?!
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
xeaglecrest@att.net
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      06-29-2007, 12:16 PM
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> Can anyone tell me how to create a 5 minute countdown video? I'm
> assuming that the counter is just an overlay that you put into the
> corner. I have worked with only some basic editing software, and
> cannot find a timer like that or how to do it.
>
> Help?!?!?!


You could do manually using a title overlay. Just change the text every
second to create the countdown.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ken Maltby
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      06-29-2007, 05:00 PM

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Can anyone tell me how to create a 5 minute countdown video? I'm
> assuming that the counter is just an overlay that you put into the
> corner. I have worked with only some basic editing software, and
> cannot find a timer like that or how to do it.
>
> Help?!?!?!
>


Arrrg... This is driving me nuts!

I had the perfect little utility that I used several times to do
this, but I can't find it anymore. I don't remember what it
was called either.


This might be of some help while I keep looking.

http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Fo...x?PostID=18886

http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Fo...&PostID=112667

Then there is BluffTitler DX9
http://www.outerspace-software.com/blufftitler.html

Or you could use a graphic editing tool, I like the free Gimp2,
to create a solid color background image with your countdown
numbers on top. Or have the background be an alpha channel/
transparent. Then add them to an overlay track in an editing
program. You could use the Paint that comes with XP if you
want and the editing program will let you select the color of
the images background to make transparent.

Or you could make a clip with a solid background and
your numbers added. Then you can add the clip to an
overlay track in as many projects as you want, and the
editing program would have it a little easier, too.

Luck;
Ken




 
Reply With Quote
 
Eric
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      06-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Do you have any editing program available?

Since you don't mention one... here's what I use... EditStudio
<www.puremotion.com> has it built in to their "titles" system. They
have "tags" that have lots of options.

I used those to create count-down and a count-up timers.

 
Reply With Quote
 
davewiener@comcast.net
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      07-03-2007, 02:08 PM
On Jun 28, 4:05 pm, "Smarty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Ulead VideoStudio 11 Plus comes with a collection of pre-made clips
> including one called "V18" which can be played as-is to count down timer, or
> reversed (by clicking the "Reverse Video" box) as a count up timer. It is
> quite primitive and may not look right for your specific needs, but the
> trial version of the software is free and may get you what you want.
>
> You can lengthen or shorten the clip duration to make it as long or short as
> you want, but the video clip itself goes from 5 to 1 or 1 to 5.....
>
> Smarty<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>
> > Can anyone tell me how to create a 5 minute countdown video? I'm
> > assuming that the counter is just an overlay that you put into the
> > corner. I have worked with only some basic editing software, and
> > cannot find a timer like that or how to do it.

>
> > Help?!?!?!


I got the trial version of VideoStudio, but don't find any V18 file.
Could it be that it only comes with the full version, or how do I get
at it?

 
Reply With Quote
 
Smarty
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      07-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Dave,

I sent the V18.wmv file to your email address. It is a small, 650 KByte
movie in wmv format, Microsoft's Windows Media video. You can edit it,
reverse it, slow it down, speed it up, etc. in Video Studio Pro or any other
editor which handles wmv content.

Hope this helps.

Smarty


<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On Jun 28, 4:05 pm, "Smarty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Ulead VideoStudio 11 Plus comes with a collection of pre-made clips
>> including one called "V18" which can be played as-is to count down timer,
>> or
>> reversed (by clicking the "Reverse Video" box) as a count up timer. It is
>> quite primitive and may not look right for your specific needs, but the
>> trial version of the software is free and may get you what you want.
>>
>> You can lengthen or shorten the clip duration to make it as long or short
>> as
>> you want, but the video clip itself goes from 5 to 1 or 1 to 5.....
>>
>> Smarty<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>>
>> > Can anyone tell me how to create a 5 minute countdown video? I'm
>> > assuming that the counter is just an overlay that you put into the
>> > corner. I have worked with only some basic editing software, and
>> > cannot find a timer like that or how to do it.

>>
>> > Help?!?!?!

>
> I got the trial version of VideoStudio, but don't find any V18 file.
> Could it be that it only comes with the full version, or how do I get
> at it?
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Robert Peffers.
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      07-03-2007, 10:04 PM

"Eric" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Do you have any editing program available?
>
> Since you don't mention one... here's what I use... EditStudio
> <www.puremotion.com> has it built in to their "titles" system. They
> have "tags" that have lots of options.
>
> I used those to create count-down and a count-up timers.
>

Anything wrong with using something like, "Animation Shop", (in Paint Shop
Pro ), to create your countdown and, "Save as", an avi file?

--

Robert Peffers,
Kelty,
Fife,
Scotland, (UK).


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NAB Countdown Nino Professional Video Production 0 04-10-2007 11:28 AM
REQ Need countdown video Pete Pemberton Amateur Video Production 0 06-09-2005 01:02 PM
9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-0.........classic countdown in dvd format????? Boll Weevil Amateur Video Production 4 03-05-2004 01:04 AM
Rumors: 4 day countdown to the new Canon cameras news JoeInArizona Canon 6 02-07-2004 10:40 PM
Countdown to the big camera news - 18 days JoeInArizona Digital Cameras 5 02-02-2004 03:51 AM