Photogtaphy Forums

Photography Forums > Camera Manufacturers > Nikon > Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.

 
 
DR SMITH
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      07-29-2008, 10:44 AM
My father, who has been dabbling in photography, recently decided to replace
the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. After shopping around,
he got me to order one for him. I ordered it on July 10th. It was shipped
on July 11th. FEDERAL EXCUSE (FedEx) loses it on July 12th. The shipper
had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this
crap out.

Fed-Up-Ex-Fed-Ex Customer


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Frank Arthur
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      07-29-2008, 12:43 PM

"DR SMITH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> My father, who has been dabbling in photography, recently decided to
> replace the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. After
> shopping around, he got me to order one for him. I ordered it on
> July 10th. It was shipped on July 11th. FEDERAL EXCUSE (FedEx)
> loses it on July 12th. The shipper had it insured, but from what I
> have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out.
>
> Fed-Up-Ex-Fed-Ex Customer

Oh woe is me! Whatever shall I do! What tragedy!
We will all weep for you!


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
DR SMITH
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      07-30-2008, 03:47 AM

"Frank Arthur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:TbEjk.504$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "DR SMITH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> My father, who has been dabbling in photography, recently decided to
>> replace the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. After
>> shopping around, he got me to order one for him. I ordered it on July
>> 10th. It was shipped on July 11th. FEDERAL EXCUSE (FedEx) loses it on
>> July 12th. The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it
>> could take weeks to sort this crap out.
>>
>> Fed-Up-Ex-Fed-Ex Customer

> Oh woe is me! Whatever shall I do! What tragedy!
> We will all weep for you!
>

You're one of them aren't you?


 
Reply With Quote
 
Wilson
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      07-30-2008, 04:51 AM

"DR SMITH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> My father, who has been dabbling in photography, recently decided to
> replace the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. After
> shopping around, he got me to order one for him. I ordered it on July
> 10th. It was shipped on July 11th. FEDERAL EXCUSE (FedEx) loses it on
> July 12th. The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could
> take weeks to sort this crap out.
>
> Fed-Up-Ex-Fed-Ex Customer
>


FedEx and their competitors handle a zillion packages per year. Stuff can
happen. If you are actually some kind of a Doctor you shouldn't be unaware
of that risk. And if you find that risk to be to great then you ought to
buy your cameras locally and carry them home with you. My advice is for you
to go do something worthwhile and allow the situation unravel.

 
Reply With Quote
 
krishnananda das
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      07-30-2008, 05:22 AM
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "DR SMITH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > My father, who has been dabbling in photography, recently decided to
> > replace the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. After
> > shopping around, he got me to order one for him. I ordered it on July
> > 10th. It was shipped on July 11th. FEDERAL EXCUSE (FedEx) loses it on
> > July 12th. The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could
> > take weeks to sort this crap out.
> >
> > Fed-Up-Ex-Fed-Ex Customer
> >

>
> FedEx and their competitors handle a zillion packages per year. Stuff can
> happen. If you are actually some kind of a Doctor you shouldn't be unaware
> of that risk. And if you find that risk to be to great then you ought to
> buy your cameras locally and carry them home with you. My advice is for you
> to go do something worthwhile and allow the situation unravel.


Reported by FedEx on December 17, 2007, their busiest day ever:

"FedEx will ship about 11.3 million packages today, up 15 percent from
its busiest day in 2006, Dec. 18, when 9.8 million packages were
shipped, FedEx spokeswoman Carla Boyd said"

<http://www.examiner.com/a-1108982~De...ing_approaches.
html>

And somehow, most of them get there.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Gary Charpentier
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      07-30-2008, 03:55 PM
DR SMITH wrote:
> My father, who has been dabbling in photography, recently decided to replace
> the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. After shopping around,
> he got me to order one for him. I ordered it on July 10th. It was shipped
> on July 11th. FEDERAL EXCUSE (FedEx) loses it on July 12th. The shipper
> had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this
> crap out.
>
> Fed-Up-Ex-Fed-Ex Customer
>
>


Hey, you may get lucky. You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple
weeks later they find it and deliver it.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Frank Arthur
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      07-30-2008, 05:14 PM

"DR SMITH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>
> "Frank Arthur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:TbEjk.504$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "DR SMITH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> My father, who has been dabbling in photography, recently decided
>>> to replace the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40.
>>> After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. I ordered
>>> it on July 10th. It was shipped on July 11th. FEDERAL EXCUSE
>>> (FedEx) loses it on July 12th. The shipper had it insured, but
>>> from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out.
>>>
>>> Fed-Up-Ex-Fed-Ex Customer

>> Oh woe is me! Whatever shall I do! What tragedy!
>> We will all weep for you!
>>

> You're one of them aren't you?

Yes. I am a Secret Fed-Ex Agent in charge of harrassing people who
have lost packages. Let me add that to my very long list of what I
have been accused of
over the years.


 
Reply With Quote
 
DR SMITH
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      08-04-2008, 03:18 AM

"Gary Charpentier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:g6q2tl$eac$(E-Mail Removed)...
> DR SMITH wrote:
>> My father, who has been dabbling in photography, recently decided to
>> replace the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. After
>> shopping around, he got me to order one for him. I ordered it on July
>> 10th. It was shipped on July 11th. FEDERAL EXCUSE (FedEx) loses it on
>> July 12th. The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it
>> could take weeks to sort this crap out.
>>
>> Fed-Up-Ex-Fed-Ex Customer

>
> Hey, you may get lucky. You may get your insurance from FedEx and a
> couple weeks later they find it and deliver it.
>


I have to admit things are looking up. The replacement is supposed to
arrive tomorrow (Monday, August 4). Ritz Camera shipped it Saturday and
Overnighted it. I just checked the tracking page and it is at the local
FedEx facility. Now hopefully the driver does not delivery it to the local
pawnshop. A coworker of mine who has a firearms license has stopped using
FedEx because of one to many guns ended up at the wrong address. The last
time he used them the FE driver who could not find the address ( the same
address UPS has no problem with) dropped the package half a mile down the
road. The package ( a pistol) bounced around behind the seat of some guy's
pickup truck for a month before the guy remembered he had it and dropped it
off. The FE driver had reported that he had never had it and no one had
signed for it. By this time the gun had been reported stolen. It was a
mess.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Nikon D40 Wayne J. Cosshall Nikon 46 12-14-2006 05:10 PM
Nikon D40 shipping today Neil Harrington Nikon 76 12-06-2006 01:42 PM
Nikon D40 for those who haven't heard Alice Nikon 1 11-10-2006 09:30 PM
Nikon D40 announcement next week Not Disclosed Nikon 3 11-03-2006 02:48 PM
Damn damn DAMN! Martin Francis 35mm Cameras 24 04-28-2004 01:26 AM