Photogtaphy Forums

Photography Forums > Photography Newsgroups > Software Archive > Professional Video Production > How do I MERGE/COMBINE two clips in iMOVIE?

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

How do I MERGE/COMBINE two clips in iMOVIE?

 
 
Bat Man
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      10-06-2006, 07:16 PM

How do I MERGE/COMBINE two clips in iMOVIE?


I am trying to combine/merge two clips together in Apple iMovie to
create ONE clip.

How do I do that?


TIA!



.................................................. ...............
Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
>>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
sbt
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      10-06-2006, 07:44 PM
In article <4526ab7f$0$7171$(E-Mail Removed)>, Bat Man
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> How do I MERGE/COMBINE two clips in iMOVIE?
>
>
> I am trying to combine/merge two clips together in Apple iMovie to
> create ONE clip.
>
> How do I do that?
>
>
> TIA!


Well, if you really want them to be one physical clip, put them into
the Timeline, export to your camera (or to DV Stream), and then
reimport the content.

For what reason do you need the content to be one physical clip rather
than just working with the two clips?

--
Spenser
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Larry in AZ
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      10-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Waiving the right to remain silent, sbt <(E-Mail Removed)>
said:

> In article <4526ab7f$0$7171$(E-Mail Removed)>, Bat Man
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> How do I MERGE/COMBINE two clips in iMOVIE?
>>
>>
>> I am trying to combine/merge two clips together in Apple iMovie to
>> create ONE clip.
>>
>> How do I do that?
>>
>>
>> TIA!

>
> Well, if you really want them to be one physical clip, put them into
> the Timeline, export to your camera (or to DV Stream), and then
> reimport the content.
>
> For what reason do you need the content to be one physical clip rather
> than just working with the two clips?


Obviously, he wants to play it back as a single clip...

--
Larry Jandro
Video Engineering & Equipment Rentals
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
[Remove spamtrap in ALLCAPS to reply]
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bat Man
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      10-06-2006, 08:27 PM
In article <061020061244132710%(E-Mail Removed) id>,
sbt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <4526ab7f$0$7171$(E-Mail Removed)>, Bat Man
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > How do I MERGE/COMBINE two clips in iMOVIE?
> >
> >
> > I am trying to combine/merge two clips together in Apple iMovie to
> > create ONE clip.
> >
> > How do I do that?
> >
> >
> > TIA!

>
> Well, if you really want them to be one physical clip, put them into
> the Timeline, export to your camera (or to DV Stream), and then
> reimport the content.
>
> For what reason do you need the content to be one physical clip rather
> than just working with the two clips?


It is so I can make a transition that covers the space of the 2 clips...
because otherwise iMovie tells me I don't have enough time in just one
clip for my transistion... and as I said --- the
transition/titles/effects/etc. needs to cover through both the clips.



.................................................. ...............
Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
>>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

 
Reply With Quote
 
Carl Witthoft
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      10-06-2006, 09:10 PM
In article <4526bc4e$0$7147$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Bat Man <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <061020061244132710%(E-Mail Removed) id>,
> sbt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > In article <4526ab7f$0$7171$(E-Mail Removed)>, Bat Man
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > > How do I MERGE/COMBINE two clips in iMOVIE?
> > >
> > >
> > > I am trying to combine/merge two clips together in Apple iMovie to
> > > create ONE clip.
> > >
> > > How do I do that?
> > >
> > >
> > > TIA!

> >
> > Well, if you really want them to be one physical clip, put them into
> > the Timeline, export to your camera (or to DV Stream), and then
> > reimport the content.
> >
> > For what reason do you need the content to be one physical clip rather
> > than just working with the two clips?

>
> It is so I can make a transition that covers the space of the 2 clips...
> because otherwise iMovie tells me I don't have enough time in just one
> clip for my transistion... and as I said --- the
> transition/titles/effects/etc. needs to cover through both the clips.


If all else fails, use ffmpegx to combine the clips.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Király
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      10-06-2006, 09:43 PM
In comp.sys.mac.system Bat Man <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> It is so I can make a transition that covers the space of the 2 clips...
> because otherwise iMovie tells me I don't have enough time in just one
> clip for my transistion... and as I said --- the
> transition/titles/effects/etc. needs to cover through both the clips.


Does this do what you want?

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/21550

--
K.

Lang may your lum reek.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bat Man
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      10-07-2006, 03:23 AM
In article <Q5AVg.4031$H7.3596@edtnps82>, (E-Mail Removed) (Király)
wrote:

> In comp.sys.mac.system Bat Man <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > It is so I can make a transition that covers the space of the 2 clips...
> > because otherwise iMovie tells me I don't have enough time in just one
> > clip for my transistion... and as I said --- the
> > transition/titles/effects/etc. needs to cover through both the clips.

>
> Does this do what you want?
>
> http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/21550


Yes, thank you!!!



.................................................. ...............
Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
>>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Two cameras, two magazines, two opposed opinions RichA Digital SLR 10 07-26-2006 12:36 AM
Seamless clips from separate clips - Software? long eddy Digital Cameras 1 01-13-2006 08:31 PM
black or blank screen between two clips oshike@gmail.com Amateur Video Production 3 11-30-2005 12:34 PM
Turning DV avi clips to emailable movie clips Tony Amateur Video Production 4 12-20-2003 04:21 AM