Photogtaphy Forums

Photography Forums > Photography Newsgroups > Software Archive > Photoshop > How does CS compare to photoshop 7?

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

How does CS compare to photoshop 7?

 
 
Charles Gray
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      01-11-2004, 09:59 PM
Any big differences? Antying that makes your life dramatically
easier/harder?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Debeuf Nikolaas
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      01-11-2004, 11:08 PM
Since I've got PS CS, everything looks brighter!
Even my dog who run away came back to me...
no, just kidding...
It really is a better version than the 7, more easy to work with...
saves you time... but not money...

greatingzzz
::^-^::
happy budha


"Charles Gray" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any big differences? Antying that makes your life dramatically
> easier/harder?
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Steen
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      01-12-2004, 12:00 AM
one could only wish that CS was an abb. for cheaper softwar


"Debeuf Nikolaas" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i en meddelelse
news:4001e521$0$6081$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Since I've got PS CS, everything looks brighter!
> Even my dog who run away came back to me...
> no, just kidding...
> It really is a better version than the 7, more easy to work with...
> saves you time... but not money...
>
> greatingzzz
> ::^-^::
> happy budha
>
>
> "Charles Gray" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Any big differences? Antying that makes your life dramatically
> > easier/harder?
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
LLutton
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      01-12-2004, 02:06 AM
>Any big differences? Antying that makes your life dramatically
>easier/harder?


I will shoot more RAW images because I can use CS to open them in 16 bit mode.
I couldn't do that before.

Plus, I like to work on my digital images and scanned images in 16 bit mode. CS
allows you to do more editing in 16 bits.

I like the Photomerge. With it, I can eliminate a program I use for panoramas.

Text on a path - about time.

Color Replacement can be much easier. You can make a white car red, etc.

Shadow/Highlights tool can be a timesaver.

Make your own keyboard shortcuts - I suppose that is similar to Actions.

That's what I've discovered in my two days with CS. There are other
improvements that weren't as important to me but may be to others. I didn't
mention any web design improvements because I haven't got that far yet.
Lynn
 
Reply With Quote
 
Alvie
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      01-12-2004, 05:19 AM
Digital Photographers will benefit the most.
ABC

"Charles Gray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any big differences? Antying that makes your life dramatically
> easier/harder?
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Bob Davis
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      01-12-2004, 01:53 PM

"Charles Gray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any big differences? Antying that makes your life dramatically
> easier/harder?


I agree with Alvie, that photographers will benefit the most. My favorites:

1. Shadow/highlight settings
2. RAW-file capability built-in
3. More comprehensive 16-bit editing (haven't used this yet).



 
Reply With Quote
 
James Loudon
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      01-12-2004, 02:59 PM
> one could only wish that CS was an abb. for cheaper softwar

No, its stands for Constant Surveillance.

--
James Loudon
www.fatgraphics.com
websites:hotography::video


All outgoing (and incoming) mail
is scanned by Norton AV and is as
guaranteed to be as bug-free as possible.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Hecate
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      01-13-2004, 02:42 AM
On 12 Jan 2004 02:06:51 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (LLutton) wrote:

>That's what I've discovered in my two days with CS. There are other
>improvements that weren't as important to me but may be to others. I didn't
>mention any web design improvements because I haven't got that far yet.
>Lynn


Web design improvements? You mean they've left out image Ready? ;-)

--

Hecate
(E-Mail Removed)
veni, vidi, reliqui
 
Reply With Quote
 
Thomas Madsen
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      01-13-2004, 03:12 PM
James Loudon wrote:

> No, its stands for Constant Surveillance.


Probably. I know now where the code name 'DarkMatter' comes
from and why the secret splash screen in CS looks like this:
<http://home18.inet.tele.dk/madsen/photoshop/cs/splash.jpg>

--
Regards
Madsen.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Branko Vukelic
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      01-14-2004, 04:17 AM
Thomas Madsen wrote:

> James Loudon wrote:
>
> > No, its stands for Constant Surveillance.

>
> Probably. I know now where the code name 'DarkMatter' comes
> from and why the secret splash screen in CS looks like this:
> <http://home18.inet.tele.dk/madsen/photoshop/cs/splash.jpg>


Outch! I don't think many people would've liked that.

--
Branko Vukelic ((E-Mail Removed))
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How does an 18-200 zoom (or built in 18x zoom) compare with say an80-200 2.8 lens? Nick Alexander Photography 4 02-16-2008 04:13 PM
SVHS -- Apparently Kicks VHS's butt, but how does it compare to others? Lansworth Professional Video Production 32 10-21-2005 10:00 PM
How does GIMP and Photoshop compare in terms of capability? Kelvin Photography 7 10-30-2004 12:33 AM
ThumdsPlus 6 how does it compare ? user@domain.invalid Digital Cameras 1 11-26-2003 10:21 AM