Photogtaphy Forums

Photography Forums > Photography Newsgroups > Software Archive > Photoshop > Newbie, need tutorial recommendation

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Newbie, need tutorial recommendation

 
 
Mustang Concepts
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      01-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Hi, I'm new, totally. I have Photoshop 7, but no manual. I'd like to
know is there somewhere online that has step by step instruction for a
total novice ? I really want to learn this, but if have several other
time demands.
Thanks,
Daryl
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Voivod
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      01-10-2004, 08:43 PM
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:27:51 -0600, Mustang Concepts
<(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:

>Hi, I'm new, totally. I have Photoshop 7, but no manual. I'd like to
>know is there somewhere online that has step by step instruction for a
>total novice ? I really want to learn this, but if have several other
>time demands.


Step 1: Go to www.adobe.com
Step 2: BUY a legitimate copy of Photoshop
Step 3: Read the manual you just paid for.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
David H
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      01-11-2004, 02:21 AM
Voivod wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:27:51 -0600, Mustang Concepts
> <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:
>
> >Hi, I'm new, totally. I have Photoshop 7, but no manual. I'd like to
> >know is there somewhere online that has step by step instruction for a
> >total novice ? I really want to learn this, but if have several other
> >time demands.

>
> Step 1: Go to www.adobe.com
> Step 2: BUY a legitimate copy of Photoshop
> Step 3: Read the manual you just paid for.


And after that, then go buy a book or two. There are literally hundreds
to choose from.

-david

-----------------------------
Looking for a book on Adobe Photoshop?
Check out the Photoshop Zone with in-depth reviews and information on
hundreds of different Photoshop books at: http://www.photoshopzone.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
Hecate
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      01-11-2004, 02:48 AM
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:27:51 -0600, Mustang Concepts
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi, I'm new, totally. I have Photoshop 7, but no manual. I'd like to
>know is there somewhere online that has step by step instruction for a
>total novice ? I really want to learn this, but if have several other
>time demands.
>Thanks,
>Daryl


Take the box back to where you purchased it. There should be a manual
in the box.

Alternatively, hit F1.

--

Hecate
(E-Mail Removed)
veni, vidi, reliqui
 
Reply With Quote
 
mscir
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      01-11-2004, 03:17 AM
David H wrote:

> Voivod wrote:
>
>
>>On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:27:51 -0600, Mustang Concepts
>><(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:
>>
>>
>>>Hi, I'm new, totally. I have Photoshop 7, but no manual. I'd like to
>>>know is there somewhere online that has step by step instruction for a
>>>total novice ? I really want to learn this, but if have several other
>>>time demands.

>>
>>Step 1: Go to www.adobe.com
>>Step 2: BUY a legitimate copy of Photoshop
>>Step 3: Read the manual you just paid for.

>
>
> And after that, then go buy a book or two. There are literally hundreds
> to choose from.
>
> -david


You might check your local Library for Photoshop books.

I like this site for beginner tutorials:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/librar.../bllps5out.htm

Mike

 
Reply With Quote
 
Clive
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      01-11-2004, 07:39 AM
Have a look at www,myjanee.com for some of the best Photoshop tutorials
around.


"David H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Voivod wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:27:51 -0600, Mustang Concepts
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:
> >
> > >Hi, I'm new, totally. I have Photoshop 7, but no manual. I'd like to
> > >know is there somewhere online that has step by step instruction for a
> > >total novice ? I really want to learn this, but if have several other
> > >time demands.

> >
> > Step 1: Go to www.adobe.com
> > Step 2: BUY a legitimate copy of Photoshop
> > Step 3: Read the manual you just paid for.

>
> And after that, then go buy a book or two. There are literally hundreds
> to choose from.
>
> -david
>
> -----------------------------
> Looking for a book on Adobe Photoshop?
> Check out the Photoshop Zone with in-depth reviews and information on
> hundreds of different Photoshop books at: http://www.photoshopzone.com
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
mdavis
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      01-11-2004, 01:57 PM
The manual, for those who have bothered to read it, is identical, word for
word, with the help files in the program itself. It is all but worthless as
a "tutorial" for newbies. The request was a legitimate one, I think.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Voivod
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      01-11-2004, 02:54 PM
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 13:57:58 GMT, "mdavis" <(E-Mail Removed)>
scribbled:

>The manual, for those who have bothered to read it, is identical, word for
>word, with the help files in the program itself. It is all but worthless as
>a "tutorial" for newbies. The request was a legitimate one, I think.


Right, so share your explanation how he could have
a copy of the program without having the manual.


 
Reply With Quote
 
jrzyguy
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      01-11-2004, 03:26 PM
Do check out myjanee.com and search around for other web sits as well.
Adobe Classroom in a Book is a pretty good (basic, but kinda dry) book to
start with, Photoshop WOW is a bit better of a "read"

Now as far as if this person actually purchased PS7 i could give a rats
butt. Its a damn expensive, totally over priced (but great) program. If a
person is a newbie (as i was several years ago) the might not want to plunk
down all that money for something that they might not ever use, or use that
much. After all...there are quite a few cheaper options out there, albeit
minus the real power of PS. Down the road, perhaps this newbie will actualy
go out and buy a legit version that comes with all the free downloads and
updates etc.

Oh...and btw newbie....if/when you do buy a legit version of PS...throw the
damn MANUAL away. (however, you might find use for it as either a cat box
liner or you could perhaps shred it and use it as packaging material).


"Voivod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iso200pmdimmbbn8u8i93moq0t1e47fvth@news-server...
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 13:57:58 GMT, "mdavis" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> scribbled:
>
> >The manual, for those who have bothered to read it, is identical, word

for
> >word, with the help files in the program itself. It is all but worthless

as
> >a "tutorial" for newbies. The request was a legitimate one, I think.

>
> Right, so share your explanation how he could have
> a copy of the program without having the manual.
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Voivod
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      01-11-2004, 05:25 PM
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 10:26:25 -0500, "jrzyguy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
scribbled:

>Do check out myjanee.com and search around for other web sits as well.


Why should I? I'm in no need of tutorials and if I were
I know where to find them.

>Adobe Classroom in a Book is a pretty good (basic, but kinda dry) book to
>start with, Photoshop WOW is a bit better of a "read"
>
>Now as far as if this person actually purchased PS7 i could give a rats
>butt. Its a damn expensive, totally over priced (but great) program. If a


I couldn't care less about what you could give a rats ass about.

>person is a newbie (as i was several years ago) the might not want to plunk
>down all that money for something that they might not ever use, or use that


Then they should try the trail version or seek a lower cost (read; Paint
Shop Pro) or free (read; The Gimp) instead of stealing.

>much. After all...there are quite a few cheaper options out there, albeit
>minus the real power of PS. Down the road, perhaps this newbie will actualy
>go out and buy a legit version that comes with all the free downloads and
>updates etc.


Irrelevant, possible good intentions in the future are no excuse to
steal now.

>Oh...and btw newbie....if/when you do buy a legit version of PS...throw the
>damn MANUAL away. (however, you might find use for it as either a cat box
>liner or you could perhaps shred it and use it as packaging material).


Or read it, and learn enough not to ask stupid questions.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Photoshop Elements 4.0 Tutorial/book recommendation wanted Dick Snyder Photography 12 11-29-2007 09:52 PM
Req: Recommendation for a great Photoshop (online) tutorial? Arawak Photoshop Tutorials 0 08-20-2003 10:10 PM
WZ2K Tutorial Update - Latest Video Tutorial (FREE) Psmeg Photoshop Tutorials 4 07-06-2003 12:03 AM
WZ2K Tutorial Update - Latest Video Tutorial (FREE) Psmeg Photoshop 4 07-06-2003 12:03 AM