Photogtaphy Forums

Photography Forums > Camera Manufacturers > Panasonic Lumix > Panasonic GS17 EB-s

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Panasonic GS17 EB-s

 
 
Nat
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      07-14-2005, 10:49 PM
Hi all.
Can anyone tell me what I need to transfer video from this camcorder to my
hard disk and (hopefully) from there to a DVD? In terms of hardware,
software, cables, ports, etc etc?

I have read (am reading) the instruction book but it isnt as clear as I'd
like and I thought I'd see if anyone could help me in plain English.

Thanks.
Nat


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Tony Morgan
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      07-15-2005, 01:41 AM
In message <db6q6b$f04$(E-Mail Removed)>, Nat
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Hi all.
>Can anyone tell me what I need to transfer video from this camcorder to my
>hard disk and (hopefully) from there to a DVD? In terms of hardware,
>software, cables, ports, etc etc?
>
>I have read (am reading) the instruction book but it isnt as clear as I'd
>like and I thought I'd see if anyone could help me in plain English.
>

Have a look through:
http://www.camcord.info/basics

Which covers the basics.
--
Tony Morgan
http://www.camcord.info
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Nat
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      07-16-2005, 08:27 PM

"Tony Morgan" <Tony@82.69.78.126> wrote in message
news:tVL6adFdRx1CFwux@82.69.78.126...
> Have a look through:
> http://www.camcord.info/basics
>
> Which covers the basics.
> --
> Tony Morgan
> http://www.camcord.info


Thank you, Tony, the fog begins to clear. I now need to buy a Firewire card
and cable. (or at least find the money to do so!)
Cheers
Nat.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Malcolm Stewart
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      07-16-2005, 09:02 PM
"Nat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dbbqka$a3v$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> Thank you, Tony, the fog begins to clear. I now need to buy a Firewire

card
> and cable. (or at least find the money to do so!)
> Cheers
> Nat.


If my experience is anything to go by, I fear the money for a Firewire card
and cable will be the least of your worries! Have fun!

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK
http://www.megalith.freeserve.co.uk/oddimage.htm




 
Reply With Quote
 
G Hardy
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      07-16-2005, 10:31 PM
> Thank you, Tony, the fog begins to clear. I now need to buy a Firewire
card
> and cable. (or at least find the money to do so!)


Should come to about a tenner, fifteen quid with P&P (max).


 
Reply With Quote
 
Nat
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      07-17-2005, 05:18 PM

"Malcolm Stewart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:dbbslj$rbs$(E-Mail Removed)...
> If my experience is anything to go by, I fear the money for a Firewire
> card
> and cable will be the least of your worries! Have fun!



You've got me worried now. What am I letting myself in for here?!
Nat.>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Malcolm Stewart
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      07-18-2005, 06:53 AM
"Nat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dbe3sq$f3m$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Malcolm Stewart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:dbbslj$rbs$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > If my experience is anything to go by, I fear the money for a Firewire
> > card
> > and cable will be the least of your worries! Have fun!

>
> You've got me worried now. What am I letting myself in for here?!
> Nat.


1 How about a new large fast HDD?
2 Stable video editing application?
3 Major system upgrade?
4 Creativity & Inspiration!

So far I've got #1. Am still looking for an affordable #2, and I've had
quotes for #3 in the hope of solving #2.
#4, I guess will always elude me.

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK
http://www.megalith.freeserve.co.uk/oddimage.htm





 
Reply With Quote
 
Nat
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      07-19-2005, 05:47 PM

"Malcolm Stewart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:dbfjl2$loo$(E-Mail Removed)...
> 1 How about a new large fast HDD?
> 2 Stable video editing application?
> 3 Major system upgrade?
> 4 Creativity & Inspiration!

(snip)

OK...
1. 60GB? Is that enough?
2. Umm..what do you recommend?
3. Not even an option! Next year, maybe, if my new job comes off. At the
moment no!
4. These two I'll have to work at, not being arty at all.

Thanks for the input, it's good to know others have been here before.
Nat.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Panasonic trying to disrupt sales the OM-D by offering up rumours ofa new, high-end Panasonic? RichA Digital Cameras 4 02-15-2012 01:16 PM
Panasonic FZ7 Accessories in stock at Panasonic.com J. Clarke Panasonic Lumix 0 05-12-2006 05:00 PM
Panasonic TC-7WMS1 Color LCD Video Monitor FA Panasonic TC-7WMS1 Color LCD Video Monitor FA: Panasonic TC-7WMS1 Color LCD Video Monitor Panasonic TC-7WMS1 Color LCD Video Monitor Mr. Tapeguy Professional Video Production 0 12-05-2005 02:13 PM
Panasonic Vs Kodak Vs Minolta Vs Canon Nihal Panasonic Lumix 24 12-05-2004 03:45 AM
can i do this? panasonic dvd burner from my analogue panasonic 5100hs via s-video output? ace in indiana Professional Video Production 3 10-25-2004 02:34 PM