Photogtaphy Forums

Photography Forums > Photography Newsgroups > Photography Archive > Digital Cameras > Photo Editing Software

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Photo Editing Software

 
 
Ray
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      11-16-2004, 04:02 AM
I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
resolution of photos for emailing.

Any advice much appreciated.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
YAG-ART
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      11-16-2004, 02:15 PM
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:02:29 -0600, "Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
>I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
>resolution of photos for emailing.


Adobe Photoshop Elements
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Owamanga
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      11-16-2004, 02:46 PM
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:15:35 GMT, YAG-ART <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:02:29 -0600, "Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
>>I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
>>resolution of photos for emailing.

>
>Adobe Photoshop Elements


....will exceed your expectations. A good choice.

--
Owamanga!
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jeremy
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      11-16-2004, 03:08 PM

"Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8Uemd.100422$tU4.21945@okepread06...
> I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
> I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
> resolution of photos for emailing.
>
> Any advice much appreciated.
>
>


Try Kodak Easy Share, FREE available on the Kodak web site. It might be
exactly what you are seeking. Costs nothing to download and use it.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Ed Ruf
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      11-16-2004, 06:37 PM
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:02:29 -0600, in rec.photo.digital "Ray"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
>I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
>resolution of photos for emailing.


On the Windows side, for free Irfanview will do this in batches quite
easily. http://www.irfanview.com
__________________________________________________ ______
Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ((E-Mail Removed))
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
mortn
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      11-16-2004, 10:53 PM
Ed Ruf wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:02:29 -0600, in rec.photo.digital "Ray"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
>>I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
>>resolution of photos for emailing.

>
> On the Windows side, for free Irfanview will do this in batches quite
> easily. http://www.irfanview.com
> __________________________________________________ ______
> Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ((E-Mail Removed))
> See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
> http://EdwardGRuf.com


Take a good look at PaintShop Pro 9. It's a truly wonderful program and it won't
bankrupt you.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Colin D
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      11-19-2004, 02:56 AM


Kent wrote:

> Try Ifranview. It is free and will probably do most/all of the things you
> want to do. If you like it, you can go out an buy a fancier program later.
> It is a free download. Just google Ifranview and it will give you the site.
>
> "Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:8Uemd.100422$tU4.21945@okepread06...
> > I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
> > I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
> > resolution of photos for emailing.
> >
> > Any advice much appreciated.
> >
> >


That should be Irfanview. Ifranview will probably not find the program.

 
Reply With Quote
 
xiao
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      11-19-2004, 03:56 AM
If you want have a good quality, you can try photoshop, or acdsee

"Kent" <(E-Mail Removed)> дʼ
news:Iucnd.2453$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> Try Ifranview. It is free and will probably do most/all of the things you
> want to do. If you like it, you can go out an buy a fancier program later.
> It is a free download. Just google Ifranview and it will give you the

site.
>
>
> "Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:8Uemd.100422$tU4.21945@okepread06...
> > I'm looking for a middle of the road program for editing digital photos.
> > I'm particularly interested in a program that will compress/reduce the
> > resolution of photos for emailing.
> >
> > Any advice much appreciated.
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
RSD99
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      11-19-2004, 08:07 PM
Why not ...

just post the URL ? ? ?


http://www.irfanview.com/main_start_engl.htm


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Photo editing software for editing lotsa pics Dave Digital SLR 15 12-17-2008 01:39 PM
Photo Editing Software John Corbett Photography 7 10-25-2004 01:02 AM
Video Editing Software, Ulead PhotoImpact 10 [2 CDs], Ulead Photo Show 3 Deluxe [2 CDs], Sony Vegas Movie Studio V4.0 + DVD [2 CDs], ScriptPerfection Enterprises FrameForge 3D Studio v1.4.3 WinAll, Adobe After Effects ( AE ) Plugins 2004 - 2003, Ulea astra35 Amateur Video Production 0 10-14-2004 09:37 AM
What photo editing software? chris UK Photography 6 10-02-2003 06:04 PM