Photogtaphy Forums

Photography Forums > Photography Forums > Photography Chat > Somewhat Newbie in need of help!

Somewhat Newbie in need of help!

02-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Hello all.... and let me start with thanking anyone who takes the time to respond in advance! I appreciate all the help I always receive on things from forums like this one.

I have a 7 yearold child that is extremely active in sports, and I am the photo nazi that takes over 1200 photos at a game hoping to get that one money shot.

I started out with an Olympus E-500 8-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera with 17-45 mm and 40-150 mm Zuiko Lenses and a D-70 Olympus Flash.

I had some issuses with my photos and sent all my items in to olympus for repair which was determined to be the frame. I opted to upgrade to the Olympus Evolt E620 12.3MP Live MOS Digital SLR Camera with Image Stabilization and 2.7 inch Swivel LCD body and they sent me back my lens's and I use the same flash (when needed)

I for the life of me cannot get a great action shot unless I have perfect sunlight with some cloud coverage outside, and for the life of me cannot get a shot indorrs with flourescent lighting period!

I was looking to buy a new camera and ditch the olympus but dont want to spend more than $1500.

I looked into local classes but they only teach the bare basics of portrait shooting and cant get help with action shots. I went to the local camera dealer and they wanted to charge me $180/hr to help me but required me to sign up for 3 1hr sessions. So this is where I turn to you all. 1) Do you think I can get the E620 to shoot with proper settings or 2) Do you reccomend a new camera and if so what?

Again thank you for any help you can provide!!!!!!!!!!!!