Hi, I'm torturing myself over this and I'd be interested in what other people think. I know that only I can make the final decision, but I'm posting this because people may have opinions which I haven't considered. Anyway, I am a 10D owner living in the UK. Photography is the passion of my life but I'm an amateur (albeit an obsessed one!). I've worked as a journalist for more than 13 years and I realised a few years back that I'd rather take pictures than write. I'd love to transfer my news skills into photography but at the moment the writing pays the mortgage so I can't see that happening anytime very soon. I've recently been given the opportunity to buy a 1D Mark II for £1,000 (I know, an absolute bargain). The owner had it as a gift and it's way too advanced for him so he's agreed to sell it to me for £1,000. I don't have a lot of spare cash so, so even with selling my 10D, I need to think very carefully (and put off buying that Canon Macro lens I've been saving for!) The 1D Mark II would be fine for any news or sport work I may have to cover in the future (if and when I make the career switch) and it would be a big step up for my hobby work. So, what to do? Stick with the 10D until I make a career move (by which time it will probably be a museum piece) or sell it and raid the bank account to buy the 1D Mark II? The new camera would probably be a bit over the top as a hobbyist's piece of kit, but this really is such a bargain that I am very tempted? Any thoughts?