ACDSee problem

Discussion in 'Photoshop Tutorials' started by Phil Lewin, Oct 22, 2003.

  1. Phil Lewin

    Phil Lewin Guest

    I hope someone in this group is familiar with ACDSee's browser. Alas,
    I do not have the recent photoshop 7.0 with the built in browser....

    Somehow my thumbnails are corrupt. The help file has detailed
    instructions with number one as follows...

    1 From the Browser, select [Database | Maintenance…] and the dialog
    box, as seen here, will appear. The Database content pane on the
    left, displays all directories in which optimization is possible.

    Well, I have looked for two hours and can't find
    Database|Maintenance!!!!

    Anyone know how to get there from here?

    TIA

    Phil
     
    Phil Lewin, Oct 22, 2003
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Phil Lewin

    Gene Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:28:26 -0400, Phil Lewin
    <> wrote:

    >1 From the Browser, select [Database | Maintenance$B!D(B] and the dialog
    >box, as seen here, will appear. The Database content pane on the
    >left, displays all directories in which optimization is possible.


    If it is ACDSee 5.0, from the Browser menu at the top:

    Tools > Database > Maintenance...


    Gene--
     
    Gene, Oct 22, 2003
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Phil Lewin

    rubik Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:28:26 -0400, Phil Lewin
    <> wrote:

    >I hope someone in this group is familiar with ACDSee's browser. Alas,
    >I do not have the recent photoshop 7.0 with the built in browser....
    >
    >Somehow my thumbnails are corrupt. The help file has detailed
    >instructions with number one as follows...
    >
    >1 From the Browser, select [Database | Maintenance…] and the dialog
    >box, as seen here, will appear. The Database content pane on the
    >left, displays all directories in which optimization is possible.
    >
    >Well, I have looked for two hours and can't find
    >Database|Maintenance!!!!
    >
    >Anyone know how to get there from here?
    >

    the database > maitenance option is only visible when showing a folder
    full of thumbnails not when viewing a single pic
    this is in version three of acdsee
     
    rubik, Oct 23, 2003
    #3
  4. Phil Lewin

    Phil Lewin Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 05:29:02 GMT, rubik{remove}@smartt.com (rubik)
    wrote:
    >>

    >the database > maitenance option is only visible when showing a folder
    >full of thumbnails not when viewing a single pic
    >this is in version three of acdsee



    version 3 or classic? In any case, I can't find database/maintenance,
    even though the help file says I should.

    If I highlight a directory on the right (or left side). How do I get
    this option? It isn't available from right clicking the directory and
    it isn't available under options in the toolbar.
    (IN options I have, browser, file list, thumbnails, viewer, slideshow,
    display, filing, miscellaneous) None of these have any "database"
    option.

    I'm stumped!

    TIA

    Phil

    >
    >On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:28:26 -0400, Phil Lewin
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I hope someone in this group is familiar with ACDSee's browser. Alas,
    >>I do not have the recent photoshop 7.0 with the built in browser....
    >>
    >>Somehow my thumbnails are corrupt. The help file has detailed
    >>instructions with number one as follows...
    >>
    >>1 From the Browser, select [Database | Maintenance…] and the dialog
    >>box, as seen here, will appear. The Database content pane on the
    >>left, displays all directories in which optimization is possible.
    >>
    >>Well, I have looked for two hours and can't find
    >>Database|Maintenance!!!!
    >>
    >>Anyone know how to get there from here?
     
    Phil Lewin, Oct 23, 2003
    #4
  5. Hi Phil,

    >> the database > maitenance option is only visible when showing a
    >> folder full of thumbnails not when viewing a single pic
    >> this is in version three of acdsee

    >
    >
    > version 3 or classic? In any case, I can't find database/maintenance,
    > even though the help file says I should.
    >
    > If I highlight a directory on the right (or left side). How do I get
    > this option? It isn't available from right clicking the directory and
    > it isn't available under options in the toolbar.
    > (IN options I have, browser, file list, thumbnails, viewer, slideshow,
    > display, filing, miscellaneous) None of these have any "database"
    > option.


    I run ACDSee 3.1, showing the folders pane (left), the file list pane
    (right) and the preview pane (botton).
    Right in the menu bar, you should notice:
    File - Edit - View - Tools - Plug-ins - *Database* ...

    See it?

    Mike

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.majaeger.de
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     
    Michael Jaeger, Oct 23, 2003
    #5
  6. Phil Lewin

    Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:50:59 -0400, Phil Lewin
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 05:29:02 GMT, rubik{remove}@smartt.com (rubik)
    >wrote:
    >>>

    >>the database > maitenance option is only visible when showing a folder
    >>full of thumbnails not when viewing a single pic
    >>this is in version three of acdsee

    >
    >
    >version 3 or classic? In any case, I can't find database/maintenance,
    >even though the help file says I should.
    >
    >If I highlight a directory on the right (or left side). How do I get
    >this option? It isn't available from right clicking the directory and
    >it isn't available under options in the toolbar.
    >(IN options I have, browser, file list, thumbnails, viewer, slideshow,
    >display, filing, miscellaneous) None of these have any "database"
    >option.
    >
    >I'm stumped!
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >Phil


    Find the location of the database file by looking through options. It
    tells you in there where it is currently located, but it varies
    depending on which version you have and what OS you are running. Or do
    a find - ImageDB seems to be common to all versions, but differing
    extensions. Anyway, find it and delete it. A new database will rebuild
    itself as you browse through your pics.

    MJ
     
    , Oct 24, 2003
    #6
  7. Phil Lewin

    Phil Lewin Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:18:57 +0200, "Michael Jaeger"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi Phil,
    >
    >>> the database > maitenance option is only visible when showing a
    >>> folder full of thumbnails not when viewing a single pic
    >>> this is in version three of acdsee

    >>
    >>
    >> version 3 or classic? In any case, I can't find database/maintenance,
    >> even though the help file says I should.
    >>
    >> If I highlight a directory on the right (or left side). How do I get
    >> this option? It isn't available from right clicking the directory and
    >> it isn't available under options in the toolbar.
    >> (IN options I have, browser, file list, thumbnails, viewer, slideshow,
    >> display, filing, miscellaneous) None of these have any "database"
    >> option.

    >
    >I run ACDSee 3.1, showing the folders pane (left), the file list pane
    >(right) and the preview pane (botton).
    >Right in the menu bar, you should notice:
    >File - Edit - View - Tools - Plug-ins - *Database* ...
    >
    >See it?
    >
    >Mike


    Nope! In my ACDSee 3.1, I have the folders on the left and the
    thumbnails on the right. The only "menu bar" I have at the top has:

    Back - Forward - Up - Favorites - Find - Acquire - Camera - Print -
    Enhance - Move To - Copy To - Delete - Properties - Options - Views -
    In Touch - Adjust Levels - Contact Sheet - Print Contact Sheet - Email
    - HTML - Send Pix

    Views controls the thumbnails only.

    I did find in Option - Filing - Browse Image File

    It shows a file called: ImageDB.ddf

    Should I delete this file?

    Phil
     
    Phil Lewin, Oct 29, 2003
    #7
  8. Phil Lewin

    Phil Lewin Guest

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 03:43:20 +0100, wrote:

    >On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:50:59 -0400, Phil Lewin
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 05:29:02 GMT, rubik{remove}@smartt.com (rubik)
    >>wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>the database > maitenance option is only visible when showing a folder
    >>>full of thumbnails not when viewing a single pic
    >>>this is in version three of acdsee

    >>
    >>
    >>version 3 or classic? In any case, I can't find database/maintenance,
    >>even though the help file says I should.
    >>
    >>If I highlight a directory on the right (or left side). How do I get
    >>this option? It isn't available from right clicking the directory and
    >>it isn't available under options in the toolbar.
    >>(IN options I have, browser, file list, thumbnails, viewer, slideshow,
    >>display, filing, miscellaneous) None of these have any "database"
    >>option.
    >>
    >>I'm stumped!
    >>
    >>TIA
    >>
    >>Phil

    >
    >Find the location of the database file by looking through options. It
    >tells you in there where it is currently located, but it varies
    >depending on which version you have and what OS you are running. Or do
    >a find - ImageDB seems to be common to all versions, but differing
    >extensions. Anyway, find it and delete it. A new database will rebuild
    >itself as you browse through your pics.
    >
    >MJ



    There are two files that come up in the find...

    ImageCD.ddf and ImageDB.dtf

    Do I delete one or both of them?

    All road (see previous entry in the thread) seem to be leading to the
    ddf file (?)

    Phil
     
    Phil Lewin, Oct 29, 2003
    #8
  9. Phil Lewin

    Phil Lewin Guest

    OK - I deleted them both and they are both rebuilding properly. I'm a
    happy person. Thank you all.

    Phil

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:50:46 -0500, Phil Lewin
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 03:43:20 +0100, wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:50:59 -0400, Phil Lewin
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 05:29:02 GMT, rubik{remove}@smartt.com (rubik)
    >>>wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>the database > maitenance option is only visible when showing a folder
    >>>>full of thumbnails not when viewing a single pic
    >>>>this is in version three of acdsee
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>version 3 or classic? In any case, I can't find database/maintenance,
    >>>even though the help file says I should.
    >>>
    >>>If I highlight a directory on the right (or left side). How do I get
    >>>this option? It isn't available from right clicking the directory and
    >>>it isn't available under options in the toolbar.
    >>>(IN options I have, browser, file list, thumbnails, viewer, slideshow,
    >>>display, filing, miscellaneous) None of these have any "database"
    >>>option.
    >>>
    >>>I'm stumped!
    >>>
    >>>TIA
    >>>
    >>>Phil

    >>
    >>Find the location of the database file by looking through options. It
    >>tells you in there where it is currently located, but it varies
    >>depending on which version you have and what OS you are running. Or do
    >>a find - ImageDB seems to be common to all versions, but differing
    >>extensions. Anyway, find it and delete it. A new database will rebuild
    >>itself as you browse through your pics.
    >>
    >>MJ

    >
    >
    >There are two files that come up in the find...
    >
    >ImageCD.ddf and ImageDB.dtf
    >
    >Do I delete one or both of them?
    >
    >All road (see previous entry in the thread) seem to be leading to the
    >ddf file (?)
    >
    >Phil
     
    Phil Lewin, Oct 29, 2003
    #9
  10. Hi Phil,

    > Nope! In my ACDSee 3.1, I have the folders on the left and the
    > thumbnails on the right. The only "menu bar" I have at the top has:
    >
    > Back - Forward - Up - Favorites - Find - Acquire - Camera - Print -
    > Enhance - Move To - Copy To - Delete - Properties - Options - Views -
    > In Touch - Adjust Levels - Contact Sheet - Print Contact Sheet - Email
    > - HTML - Send Pix


    I'm at a loss. Your ACDSee *should* have a menu bar like

    File - Edit - View - Tools - Plug-ins - Database ...--

    I checked my version if I could toggle this bar someplace, but I can
    blend in/out lots of pane, but the menu bar stays put.

    Sorry, Phil ;-(

    Mike

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.majaeger.de
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     
    Michael Jaeger, Oct 29, 2003
    #10
  11. Phil Lewin

    Guest

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:54:45 -0500, Phil Lewin
    <> wrote:

    >OK - I deleted them both and they are both rebuilding properly. I'm a
    >happy person. Thank you all.
    >
    >Phil
    >


    I was going to say there's no harm in deleting both but you've already
    been brave and taken the plunge. I can sleep soundly now.

    MJ
     
    , Oct 29, 2003
    #11
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Replies:
    0
    Views:
    398
  2. Replies:
    5
    Views:
    1,624
  3. Barry K

    ACDSee 6.0 problem...

    Barry K, Nov 3, 2003, in forum: Digital Cameras
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    216
    Barry K
    Nov 3, 2003
  4. Louise

    SendPix problem with ACDSee

    Louise, Jan 5, 2004, in forum: Digital Cameras
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    149
    Bob Cunningham
    Jan 6, 2004
  5. Madison Lapierre
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    248
Loading...

Share This Page