Canon Camera Help

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment' started by rraaphotography, Apr 11, 2011.

1. rraaphotography

rraaphotography

I am a starting photographer still in high school. Right now I have a Canon Rebel XSI, yes I love this camera but I really want an upgrade and this is why I am here posting. So my price range is 850 and below...
    I want something that is sorta light like the XSI and possibly something with video but that can be optional and 15+ mega pixels.

I was thinking of getting the Canon rebel T2i.

Anyone help me out in deciding?

here is my photography website just to show the types of stuff I take pictures of.
    http:/ /rraaphotography.blogspot. com
    rraaphotography, Apr 11, 2011
    1. Advertising

2. rraaphotography

M_LaVere

rraaphotography,

I would seriously consider holding off on purchasing a new camera. If you want to continue to do this professionally I would invest in Canon's L series glass. They will last you a lot longer than cameras since the camera body is the most disposable thing in a photographers bag. There will always be a new and better camera out there but having great glass will be amazing. Go check out your local camera store and test maybe the 24-70 2.8 L or even a 50mm 1.8 or 50mm 1.4
    M_LaVere, May 22, 2011
    1. Advertising

3. rraaphotography

jennylyn01

I think it will be better if you Visit a major camera store; they are ideal for purchasing lenses. They may be an Authorized Canon dealer which means they will have more lenses than a store that is a Nikon or Sony authorized dealer. Major camera retailers also offer protection plans and warranties that small camera stores may not. Make it a habit to always take the protection plan for your glass as it will receive bumps and bruises along the way of your photography career. These retailers often have rental centers where you can test your lens before your purchase.
    jennylyn01, Aug 11, 2011
    1. Advertising