Photogtaphy Forums

Photography Forums > Photography Forums > Photography Chat > Wedding Photography

Wedding Photography

01-13-2012, 01:50 AM
Hello Readers,
My Picture Perfect Art is very interested in starting wedding photography.... As you know we are a very new establishment and we are looking to build up our on-line gallery. We did one wedding so far and it went very well as the bride and groom were happy with the outcome. Any suggestions on how to obtain additional clients? Is it worth going to wedding halls and handing out business cards? Comments?

My Picture Perfect Art

03-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Hi! I wish I could help you, but I am in the same positions as you are! I am unsure of how to create a larger customer base. But I think weddings are harder to get into because that is one day that is very important to the bride and groom. If you are willing to branch out from there, I'm sure building your portfolio more would help some.

05-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Wedding Shows, Wedding planners are a good place to start.

Generally, wedding planners go with experienced photographers who have an established business and reputation.

Wedding Shows will cost you to get in and set up a booth. Not a good place for beginners and will need a portfolio to capture interest.