A More Controllable Anisotropic Diffusion?

Discussion in 'Photoshop Tutorials' started by maria, Oct 9, 2006.

  1. maria

    maria Guest

    I need to have various grades of anisotropic diffusion for my work.
    There is only one such grade in CS2. Does anyone know of any
    plugin or action that I can use for such an effect?
    Or, better, does anyone know another combination of CS2-filters that
    achieves anisotropic diffusion with a bit of control on it?

    maria, Oct 9, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  2. maria

    Mike Russell Guest

    Your question is a bit specialized. Can you be more specific about your
    Mike Russell, Oct 9, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  3. maria

    maria Guest


    Anisotropic diffusion is a denoising image process. I usually apply it
    after I sharpen an image in order to achieve a certain intermediate
    denoising effect. I need a filter that applies the process in various
    degrees of strength/intensity. Richard Rosenman has such a filter, but
    I don't seem to be able to get what I want from it.

    maria, Oct 9, 2006
  4. maria

    Mike Russell Guest

    I notice there hasn't been a response, so here are a couple of thoughts on
    how Photoshop might help:

    1) duplicate the layer in Photoshop, apply the anisotropic filter to the new
    layer, and adjust the transparency of the layer.
    2) you may be able to get various changes in intensity by changing the mode
    of the new layer to color, to remove chroma noise.
    Mike Russell, Oct 15, 2006
  5. maria

    Hunt Guest

    An additional thought for Maria: have you tried Neat Image, or the other main
    de-noising program (name eludes me right now, but it's 4:00AM and I have only
    had one cup of coffee)? NI has an extreme array of controls and might might do
    some, or all of what you want.

    Hunt, Oct 15, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.