a portrait from Syria...

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Vincent de Groot, Sep 12, 2013.

  1. Vincent de Groot, Sep 12, 2013
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. Vincent de Groot

    philo  Guest

    philo , Sep 12, 2013
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. Vincent de Groot

    Savageduck Guest

    On 2013-09-11 19:21:09 -0700, philo  <> said:

    > On 09/11/2013 06:29 PM, Vincent de Groot wrote:
    >> http://www.photo-vinc.com/2013/09/11/yousef-aleppo-syria/
    >>
    >> when everything was ok...

    >
    >
    >
    > Good photo but posted at too high of a resolution


    Resolution too high??
    It seems just fine to me, and good work at that.

    --
    Regards,

    Savageduck
     
    Savageduck, Sep 12, 2013
    #3
  4. Vincent de Groot

    philo  Guest

    On 09/11/2013 09:42 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2013-09-11 19:21:09 -0700, philo <> said:
    >
    >> On 09/11/2013 06:29 PM, Vincent de Groot wrote:
    >>> http://www.photo-vinc.com/2013/09/11/yousef-aleppo-syria/
    >>>
    >>> when everything was ok...

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Good photo but posted at too high of a resolution

    >
    > Resolution too high??
    > It seems just fine to me, and good work at that.
    >



    VIZ: file size


    A much smaller file would be in order for on-line viewing
     
    philo , Sep 12, 2013
    #4
  5. Vincent de Groot

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/11/2013 7:29 PM, Vincent de Groot wrote:
    > http://www.photo-vinc.com/2013/09/11/yousef-aleppo-syria/
    >
    > when everything was ok...



    Sadly nothing has been OK in the Middle East for thousands of years.
    Even during times of relative calm, chaos has been brewing below the
    surface. Hopefully one day people will realize that all that most people
    want is to live out their lives in peace and harmony, and they won't let
    the extremists on all sides take advantage of differences in beliefs.

    --
    PeterN
     
    PeterN, Sep 13, 2013
    #5
  6. On 9/12/13 PDT 12:02 AM, philo wrote:
    > On 09/11/2013 09:42 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    >> On 2013-09-11 19:21:09 -0700, philo <> said:
    >>
    >>> On 09/11/2013 06:29 PM, Vincent de Groot wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Good photo but posted at too high of a resolution

    >>
    >> Resolution too high??
    >> It seems just fine to me, and good work at that.

    >
    > VIZ: file size


    > A much smaller file would be in order for on-line viewing


    Just what size is it and what do you consider an appropriate size? It
    looks just right to me, but it will not transfer to my computer to pull
    the file size out. So, what is it? What are pixel dimensions, and what
    is file size?
     
    John McWilliams, Sep 30, 2013
    #6
  7. Vincent de Groot

    philo  Guest

    On 09/30/2013 03:54 PM, John McWilliams wrote:
    > On 9/12/13 PDT 12:02 AM, philo wrote:
    >> On 09/11/2013 09:42 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    >>> On 2013-09-11 19:21:09 -0700, philo <> said:
    >>>
    >>>> On 09/11/2013 06:29 PM, Vincent de Groot wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>> Good photo but posted at too high of a resolution
    >>>
    >>> Resolution too high??
    >>> It seems just fine to me, and good work at that.

    >>
    >> VIZ: file size

    >
    >> A much smaller file would be in order for on-line viewing

    >
    > Just what size is it and what do you consider an appropriate size? It
    > looks just right to me, but it will not transfer to my computer to pull
    > the file size out. So, what is it? What are pixel dimensions, and what
    > is file size?





    That's odd, I just checked the file size now an see it's 57k which is
    just fine for on-line viewing.

    When I checked it the other day I swear it was ten times that size.

    Either the OP read my post and adjusted it...or my data gathering method
    was erronious.
     
    philo , Oct 1, 2013
    #7
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.