acetate 'printing paper' for masks and bi-chromate printing

Discussion in 'Darkroom Developing and Printing' started by Jules Flynn, Aug 14, 2003.

  1. Jules Flynn

    Jules Flynn Guest

    I'm starting to experiment with gum-bichromate printing and need some
    material on which I can produce print-sized negs - an acetate coated
    with print emulsion. Is there such a thing, which can be tray
    developed under a safe light? What makes are there etc.? any info,
    thoughts or recommedations welcome.

    Also, can such material be used for things such as un-sharp masks, or
    contrast masks, but in contact with the printing paper rather than the

    all the best

    Jules Flynn, Aug 14, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  2. "Acetate coated with emulsion" usually goes by a much simpler name -- "film"

    You're looking for film with an emulsion that resembles enlarging paper.

    Kodak Fine Grain Release Positive 5302 film is this material in 35-mm
    It is used for making black-and-white movies from negatives.

    They used to make it in sheet format, but I don't think they still do.

    You could try T-Max 100 sheet film, handled in total darkness of course.
    Michael A. Covington, Aug 14, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  3. There may still be some Fine Grain Positive in stock here:
    Michael A. Covington, Aug 14, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.