An unlisted modern'ish icon of a camera.

Discussion in 'Photography Chat' started by TheRoosterwithaCamera, Oct 20, 2012.

1. TheRoosterwithaCamera

TheRoosterwithaCamera

Hi to you all out there. I am new to the forum and by that I should be on the Introductory Channel. but here goes.
    I don't see a listing for Yashica in the camera manufacturers section, is there a reason for that?
    Over the years of having my own equipment ( 52yrs) I have had many cameras in a number of formats,that included a Yashica J5, long gone but I still have the owner manual and a Yashica 230AF with all of the extras including the 70-210 & the Electronic Control.
    Despite the fact that I have like many I have moved away from 35mm and my 230AF I still have it and it is fully functional.
    The last time I used my 230AF was over a 3wk period in Ontario,Canada and used 14x36 rolls of Fuji Film only to have them processed onto disc and ended up with a DIY Flip Exercise for viewing in the correct format. They were upside down and the portraiture images were inconsistently presented despite the fact that they were all in the same plane when taken.

TheRoosterwithaCamera, Oct 20, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. TheRoosterwithaCamera

Alx

Many brands are no longer in business, I have not seen any new Yashica cameras for awhile, ( I used to love the Yashicamat 124G ) but the Minolta/Konica, Topcon, GAF, are gone too.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
    Alx, Apr 6, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. TheRoosterwithaCamera

kashifalijugnoo

Computer photography won't be photography as we know it. I think photography will always be chemical.

kashifalijugnoo, Nov 21, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question