Discussion in 'Photography' started by shempmcgurk, Aug 3, 2006.

  1. shempmcgurk

    shempmcgurk Guest

    I need to take a photograph of a glossy 8X10 color sheet. To prevent
    reflections (glare? Is that the right term) on the resulting
    photograph, is there a product that exists that can prevent that? And,
    no, before you ask, I do not own a negative of the photo nor is it
    possible to scan must be physically photographed with a camera.

    For example, is there is kind of sheet of plastic that I can put in
    front of the 8X10 so that there is not glare that appears in the final

    I once had a photograph framed and they put an anti-glare glass in
    front of it so that it doesn't reflect the light in the room when you
    look at I'm wondering if such a thing exists for the TAKING of
    the picture, something like a clear sheet of plastic or something that
    will eliminate or minimize the glare?

    I'm just a once-a-year picture taker so please forgive my ignorance on
    shempmcgurk, Aug 3, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  2. shempmcgurk

    m Ransley Guest

    A polariser filter for the camera, but it would be cheaper and better to
    have the photo scanned.
    m Ransley, Aug 3, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  3. shempmcgurk

    Stan Beck Guest

    Normally, you put the image on the wall, or on a flat surface, align the
    camera lens to be dead center, and have two lights on either side, at 45
    degrees angle from the plane of the images to avoid reflections. Don't use
    a flash head on (and anti glare glass won't help).

    Or, have it scanned on a flatbed scanner - no need to worry about glare.

    Stan Beck > From New Orleans to Brandon MS

    It's hard to soar with the eagles in the morning if you've been hooting with
    the owls all night.

    To reply, remove 101 from address.
    Stan Beck, Aug 3, 2006
  4. shempmcgurk

    Glenn Guest

    I agree with Stan. That's the way I've been doing it for years. Long
    before scanners.
    Glenn, Aug 4, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.