Anyone know what plugin this is? (Spray paint effect)

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Evan Deez, Aug 16, 2008.

  1. Evan Deez

    Evan Deez Guest

    I keep seeing this spray paint effect all over the place... clearly it's a

    I know you could do this manually, but I wanted to know if anyone knew the
    name of the plugin that does it automatically. I've seen too many recent
    examples of this technique to believe everyone got the idea at the same time
    and did it manually.

    It reminds of the day that program came out which combined a bunch of images
    to create a larger one, that we often see on movie posters (the "pixels" are
    actually tiny pictures). When the program that does this came out, we were
    flooded with them.

    The same thing is happening with this spray paint effect.
    Evan Deez, Aug 16, 2008
    1. Advertisements

  2. Not necessarily.
    It could just be the current *flavour of the month* effect that all the
    sheeple designers are doing.
    You get one designer who breaks the mould and does something new and fresh.
    Then all the copycat designers latch onto it and do the same thing until
    that fresh idea starts to lok stale and over-used. Then someone else will
    come up with something fresh and unique, and the process begins again.

    Having said that, there are couple of brushes and plugins that will make the
    job easier for you.

    Have a look here and you can download some splatter brushes for photoshop.

    Then if you download the EyeCandy plugins for Photoshop, you'll find they
    come with an interesting drip and melt tool which will make the drippy runs
    of paint for you.

    The rest of what you see on the image you posted can be achieved easily
    enough with photoshops standard tools.
    \(used to be\) Fat Sam, Aug 16, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.