Are there Photoshop CS2 shortcuts to 1) toggle between rectangular marquee and move tools and 2) scr

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by David, Jan 13, 2008.

  1. David

    David Guest

    I'm looking for a way to change between the rectangular marquee and move
    tools. A key press that toggled them would be perfect. If there is a key
    that will simply change to the move tool at any give time, that would be
    nice as well.

    I would also like to find a way to scroll horizontally with the mouse wheel.
    This is a feature that I love about Microsoft Visio- if the user holds the
    shift key down while scrolling the wheel, the motion changes from vertical
    to horizontal. Is there anything like this in CS2?


    David, Jan 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

  2. David

    Mike Russell Guest

    v does the move tool, m does the marquee. More here, including how to edit
    shortcuts in CS2 and later:
    hold down alt to scroll vertically, ctrl-alt to scroll horizontally.
    Mike Russell, Jan 14, 2008
    1. Advertisements

  3. David

    David Guest


    I found with my version I need to hold CTRL to scroll horizontal and
    CTRL+ALT zooms. Holding nothing does the vertical. The V and M shortcuts
    are the same.

    I will remember these and check out the link you posted.


    David, Jan 14, 2008
  4. David

    Fred Guest

    I'm looking for a way to change between the rectangular marquee and move
    Holding down the Control-key does that
    That's a job for the Alt-key
    Fred, Jan 16, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.