Better Alternative to Pinnacle Studio?

Discussion in 'Professional Video Production' started by packrat1979, Nov 10, 2013.

1. packrat1979

packrat1979 Guest

I've been working on a production video that will be distributed to family members (compiled from home videos etc.) and it is starting to grow in size and complexity. I've long used Pinnacle Studio 11, preferring it for it's ease of use, appearance on my CRT monitor, and many flexible features. While it works great for many simpler projects, try something more complex and the bugs start coming out of the woodwork - mainly, errors with the menus(especially multiple menus), and temporarily switching to progressive scanwhen rendering text over an image. Not to mention frequent random program crashes, some which corrupt the project and require me to restore it from abackup. I've grown tired of these problems and would like to finish compiling my project with something better, but any alternative software would have to meet a few requirements:

-Must display well on a (4:3) CRT monitor. It seems everything these daysis designed for 16:9 LCD's running at native resolution with the brightness way up.
    -Must be able to create multiple menus with options as least as flexible as Pinnacle 11 (mainly the ability to control color/fill, font, size, skew of text etc.)
    -Layout should be relatively easy to navigate. I've tried Pinnacle 16, Corel Videostudio, and Cyberlink DVD Producer but found the layouts all difficult to navigate.

I know DVD editing software has changed a lot since Pinnacle 11, but there must still be a viable alternative out there that will suit my needs.
    Thanks for any advice.

packrat1979, Nov 10, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. packrat1979

mkujbida Guest

mkujbida, Nov 11, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question