Discussion in 'Photography' started by Üter, Sep 12, 2003.

  1. Üter

    Üter Guest

    Can B&SC41 films be developed at home with a standard B&W development kit?
    Üter, Sep 12, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  2. Üter

    Bob Sull Guest

    Don't know what B&SC41 film is, but by the subjecr, C41, i would have to
    say no. C41 B&W films are dye films and require C41 processing.

    Bob Sull, Sep 13, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  3. Üter

    ^____^ Guest

    sure you can. i do it all the time. but of course not with the standard C-41
    chemicals, because that would require 6 or 8 different chemicals and water
    temperature accuracy. But the company "Jobo USA" http://www.jobo-usa.com/
    has developed this 3-chemical kit for C-41. It only requires developer,
    bleech, and stabilizer http://www.jobo-usa.com/products/chemc41.htm ... It's
    easy to mix and store at home. Since it's C-41, the water temperature is
    somewhat forgiving, so it would still turn out to be acceptable even if your
    temperature is a little bit off(+/-3¢XC) or even the timing is a little
    off(+/- 15 sec). I buy it at my local store the 1-liter package for $16, it
    can process up to 12 rolls of 120 or 135 at home. You can buy it from B&H
    too. have fun...
    ^____^, Sep 13, 2003
  4. Üter

    Craig Guest

    Craig, Sep 13, 2003
  5. Üter

    Üter Guest

    Can B&SC41 films be developed at home with a standard B&W development
    Hmm.. A very strange typo in deed. Thanks for decoding my secret code. :)

    Ok, that's what I thought, but couldn't find any proof.
    Üter, Sep 13, 2003
  6. Üter

    Üter Guest

    sure you can.


    Ok, so I need special chems. That's not so bad. This could get me out of a
    bind if I run out of T-Max. Thanks for the good info.
    Üter, Sep 13, 2003
  7. Yes but the contrast and density range will not be the same. you can also
    process colour film, both neg and transparency material in B&W chemicals
    just don't bleach them.
    You can also buy a home colour processing kit, it used to be called
    flexicolour I think and process them the way they are supposed to be.
    Perrian Robertson, Sep 13, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.