Camcorder for Live Feed to Presentation System

Discussion in 'Photography Chat' started by wwtvlr1, May 12, 2010.

1. wwtvlr1

wwtvlr1

I am trying to develop a presentation system for a small group I support. I am using a software package called "MediaShout V4.0". This software allows me to take in and display live video on my projector along with the ability to overlay text and mix in audio. The Laptop I am use is equipped with Win 7 -64, with 4G memory. It has a firewire port and an usb port available for input from a camcorder or a convert box. My group has a very minimal budget (non-profit). I would like to know of a low budget way to connect a decent quality camcorder to the Laptop to provide the live feed. (Everyone loves to see themselves on the big screen.) I have tried some high quality web-cams, but they are very jerky and all used the usb port. Can you provide me any ideas? I have not purchase a camcorder or any other equipment yet, so if you have done something similar, I would love to know the brand and model you used, and any converters you need. This will not be going to the web. I will directly to the projector; however, it may be recorded for viewing at a later date.

wwtvlr1, May 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question