Camera mounts

Discussion in 'UK Photography' started by Huge, Feb 16, 2012.

  1. Huge

    Huge Guest

    Can anyone tell me what the thread is on camera mounts? (The thing that screws
    into the bottom of a camera). 1/4" Whitworth?

    And where I might be able to buy a nut (singular) for that? I want to mount
    something that doesn't have a standard mounting hole on a camera mount.

    (I want to mount a webcam onto the rollcage camera mount in my race car. The
    camera has a plastic baseplate, I was going to drill a hole in that and
    put it over the camera mount, then screw a nut onto the mount to hold it on.)
    Huge, Feb 16, 2012
    1. Advertisements

  2. Huge

    Fabian Guest

    Mostly 1/4inch 20 threads per inch. UNC
    Fabian, Feb 16, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.