Can Wacom Intuous tablet scroll a window up/down... by dragging the window area itself ?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Shiperton Henethe, Sep 4, 2003.

  1. Hi

    - Can an Intous stylus/tablet be set up to scroll a window by clicking and
    dragging the window area itself?

    I use the Intuous Graphics Tablet: WACOM - INTUOS (6.5 inches?)
    Model:GD-0405-R / *GD-0405-R* under Windows2000.

    - Does anyone know if there is any way to set it up
    so that you can scroll a window by dragging
    the stylus across a window area?

    (To create a similar effect to a wheelmouse's wheel!!)

    By the way, if find this little tablet truely excellent for
    avoiding RSI in general. (Including using general purpose,
    non-graphical software). I use the "mapping" feature quite
    a lot though for best results. I have a wheelmouse too which I also use.

    BTW, I am using the basic pen that came with the Intuous.
    all it has is two ends and a button on the site.
    Though I believe the button itself has two ends...

    Shiperton Henethe
    Shiperton Henethe, Sep 4, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  2. Shiperton Henethe

    borge Guest

    Hit H for Hand and then reposistion to your hearts content. When
    finished, learn the shortcut for returning to where you were, like B
    for Brush.

    Borge in Perth, Australia
    borge, Sep 5, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  3. Shiperton Henethe

    DosBoss57 Guest

    If you hit the spacebar you'll notice that the cursor turns into a
    hand. You can move in any direction with the mouse or pen. Release
    the spacebar and the last tool you were using returns.

    hope this helps


    Imagine all the people living life in peace !
    DosBoss57, Sep 5, 2003
  4. That's brilliant! - precisely what I was looking for.
    EXCEPT that it only works in Photoshop...!! :(

    I am a web designer and spend most of my time
    in other (Windows2000) appliations.

    Is there any way to configure the stylus buttons
    so that we can scroll a ms Windows window?!
    (Atleast vertically would do...)

    Shiperton Henethe
    Shiperton Henethe, Sep 5, 2003
  5. Shiperton Henethe

    borge Guest

    I am afraid that you just like the mouse have to grab the scroll bars
    and move them using the pen.

    Of course you could use the wheel on the mouse that comes with the

    Borge in Perth, Australia
    borge, Sep 6, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.