Can't open Pics on IXUS 100IS

Discussion in 'Canon' started by samhoonus, Jan 14, 2011.

1. samhoonus

samhoonus

Hello all,

I have such a big problem.4 Months ago i took some pics with my Cannon IXUS 100IS and i think the battery was real empty,However.I took my pics and then i saw it on my cam LCD but after a while i couldn't open it anymore and I got this message over these pics "Unidentified Image",I tried to load it on my PC and I've tried every Program like Irfan viewer and every possible program in windows.But now way.

Although the pics are with their original size like 4.50Mbyte but when i open it with ACD It's just white pic not more than that..

Honestly i feel so sad..I wish anyone here can help me..

samhoonus, Jan 14, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. samhoonus

sazzle

It sounds like your images have been corrupted which can happen when the camera runs out of battery before it gets a chance to save or re-save the file. It depends how corrupt these images are depending if you can retreive them. There is software called 'dont panic' where u can get a free trial from there website to see if it works.

Hope this helps

sazzle, Jan 15, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. samhoonus

samhoonus

Thanks for your reply i will download such software,Hope to get back my pics,and i think you are right it couldn't be saved..

samhoonus, Jan 15, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question