Connector for remote flash...

Discussion in '35mm Cameras' started by dperez, Oct 29, 2003.

  1. dperez

    dperez Guest

    Back in the bad old days, there used to be a connector that let you use a hot
    shoe only flash off the camera...

    It had one end that went into the hot shoe of the camera, a cable of some length
    (somewhere around a foot or two long), and a connector on the other end that
    went into the hot shoe of the flash... It doesn't provide the whole bunch of
    connections to let all the modern flashes do TTL and all that, but it'll let you
    pull your flash off the camera and move it off to the side or even a couple feet

    Can SOMEBODY tell me what this thing is called? Do they still make them? And
    if you know, where am I likely to be able to get one?
    dperez, Oct 29, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  2. Yes....They still make these, and a variety of other flash extender units,
    some wireless, infra red, radio controlled, light controlled, & etc. If you
    have a Nikon, go to:

    Otherwise, do a google search for other url's and prices.....
    William Graham, Oct 29, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  3. dperez

    Alan Browne Guest

    Go to B&H they have all that stuff under flash accessories.
    Alan Browne, Oct 29, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.