copyrighted photos

Discussion in 'Photography' started by MrMoMo, Nov 2, 2005.

  1. MrMoMo

    MrMoMo Guest

    If I am interested in using a photo by an AP photographer in my
    website? How do I go about doing that? Contact the photographer
    directly? or Contact AP?

    Any help is much appreciated.

    Thank you.
    MrMoMo, Nov 2, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. MrMoMo

    dadiOH Guest

    Contact AP


    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    ....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from
    LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that.
    Get it at
    dadiOH, Nov 2, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. It is nice to say to the photogropher so they know who's using their
    bren_gillatt[at], Nov 2, 2005
  4. MrMoMo

    Alex Guest

    They'll know when they get their next royalty check.
    Alex, Nov 2, 2005
  5. MrMoMo

    MrMoMo Guest

    So how does it work? AP would sell me a license to use the photo for a
    finite period of time? Has anyone done it before? Perhaps you can
    briefly explain the process.

    Thank you.
    MrMoMo, Nov 3, 2005
  6. MrMoMo

    Rob Novak Guest

    Yes, typically you'll be presented with a licensing agreement that
    describes the size, placement, and duration of use. Usage fees will
    be negotiated around those factors. The bigger the photo
    reproduction, the more prominent the placing, and the longer the
    duration, the more expensive it will be.
    Rob Novak, Nov 3, 2005
  7. And price will often also depend on the expected traffic.
    For example a website that gets a million pageviews a day would pay more
    than one that gets a few thousand a month.
    Jeroen Wenting, Nov 3, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.