CS4 Bundles

Discussion in 'Professional Video Production' started by David, Mar 2, 2009.

1. David

David Guest

Hey guys,

I was wondering, if you are using any CS4 bundles like Production
    Premium/Desgin Premium etc. or are you using Individual products. And
    I was also wondering, if buying these bundles are better or buying
    individual products in CS4 makes sense.

I am CS3 user, so would you recommend an upgrade to any CS4 Product?
    Do you think, if I wait, I may get CS4 cheaper? And any ideas on when
    CS5 will come? Thanks for your help!!

- David

David, Mar 2, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. What do you want to use it for? (There may be better solutions
    for video editing, depending on what your source material
    format is...)
    --DR

David Ruether, Mar 2, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. David

Ma3rk Guest

I'm currently using individual products (a mixture of CS3 and one CS4) but plan on getting a bundle this summer, assuming work picks up.  Until recently, the premium bundles offered had several apps that I never use.  Now they've a bundle that has only one app that I currently don't use but wouldn't mind having.  One of the main reason for getting the bundle is to get the Dynamic Link that you don't get buying the individual products.  That can be worked around but the workflow convenience is a consideration.  Also, After Effects CS4 now utilizes the Adobe Media Encoder.  Illustrator has some major improvements as well and I'm still back on version 10.

A major word of caution: The CS4 products have definite hardware & system requirements that are more stringent than CS3 so look at those before buying.  I updated the CS2 version to CS4 Extended version of Photoshop primarily to use with a plug-in for Newtek's Lightwave.  Unfortunately, Newtek hasn't updated Rendition to work with CS4 and has no immediate plans to do so, so I had to return it.  Also, I'm using these on a MacPro but running XP.  On the Mac side, at least for the CS3 apps I use, many of the features simply aren't available, nor many of the 3rd party plug-ins I already owned.

I'm seeing postings on one of the Adobe forums that CS5 testers are being sought.  I prefer to keep one version back from the most recent until it's really field proven. 

Mark

David wrote:

Hey guys, I was wondering, if you are using any CS4 bundles like Production Premium/Desgin Premium etc. or are you using Individual products. And I was also wondering, if buying these bundles are better or buying individual products in CS4 makes sense. I am CS3 user, so would you recommend an upgrade to any CS4 Product? Do you think, if I wait, I may get CS4 cheaper? And any ideas on when CS5 will come? Thanks for your help!! - David

Ma3rk, Mar 2, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question