Curved text without Warp?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Edward Ripley-Duggan, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. I am using Photoshop 7 and need to place text on a curved path. Using
    the Warp Text tool introduces unacceptable distortions of the typeface
    (and the spacing seems poor). Is there a way in Photoshop to arrange
    text in an arc and manually letterspace to avoid kerning difficulties?
    I have a feeling that this is something that's probably more an
    Illustrator process, unfortunately. I'd appreciate cc to my e-mail,
    please. Many thanks.

    Edward Ripley-Duggan, Feb 4, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  2. Edward Ripley-Duggan

    Geri P Guest

    Pay an artist to do it for you.
    Geri P, Feb 4, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  3. You can put the text tool cursor between the letters then press the
    alt,shift, or ctrl key plus arrow. Sorry having a brain blip atm and doing
    a backup so can't open Photoshop atm to double check, try one of those
    anyway, can't hurt...anybody? (besides mike)
    Digital Art Resources, Feb 4, 2004
  4. Edward Ripley-Duggan

    jrzyguy Guest

    definitely use either illustrator or corelDraw. Very very easily done...and
    if you are using illustrator you can copy and paste and still have editible
    paths for your text. Im sure tho if you pulled your hair for a few hours
    you could find some sorta-work-arounds in ps7....but you dont have the
    luxury of fitting your text on a true path.
    jrzyguy, Feb 5, 2004
  5. Edward Ripley-Duggan

    ued Guest

    I think you can try when in text mode the "warp command" and control the
    bending style as you like, inside the command limits, of course.
    I hope this is enough.

    ued, Feb 5, 2004
  6. Edward Ripley-Duggan

    heathrowe Guest

    heathrowe, Feb 6, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.