Darktable or Lightzone?

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Bengt T, Apr 29, 2014.

  1. Bengt T

    Bengt T Guest

    The applications of the headline are available for RAW procesing for Linux users.

    Are there any recommendations, experiences etc on which one to select?
     
    Bengt T, Apr 29, 2014
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. Bengt T

    android Guest

    In article <>,
    Bengt T <> wrote:

    > The applications of the headline are available for RAW procesing for Linux
    > users.
    >
    > Are there any recommendations, experiences etc on which one to select?


    Both are free to download and use. Try them out!
    --
    teleportation kills
    http://tinyurl.com/androidphotography
     
    android, Apr 29, 2014
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. Bengt T

    nib Guest

    In article <>,
    Bengt T <> wrote:
    >The applications of the headline are available for RAW procesing for
    >Linux users.
    >
    >Are there any recommendations, experiences etc on which one to select?


    Also consider rawtherapee. Try them all -- they're all good.

    nib
     
    nib, Apr 29, 2014
    #3
  4. Bengt T

    sid Guest

    Bengt T wrote:

    > The applications of the headline are available for RAW procesing for Linux
    > users.
    >
    > Are there any recommendations, experiences etc on which one to select?


    Darktable looks ok the couple of times I have looked, but it offers no
    advantage over what I use already, Lightzone seems a bit gimmicky and even
    less useful. I use Bibble 5 for 99% of my raw conversions, the other 1% is
    done in Digikam,
    You may also like to look at ufraw or raw therapee, try them all, see which
    you like the best.

    --
    sid
     
    sid, Apr 29, 2014
    #4
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Similar Threads
  1. D.M. Procida

    Lightzone/Lightroom/Aperture

    D.M. Procida, Apr 22, 2007, in forum: Digital SLR
    Replies:
    20
    Views:
    838
    nospam
    Apr 27, 2007
Loading...