Digitizing old pictures

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras' started by eNo, Nov 8, 2004.

  1. eNo

    eNo Guest

    I need to scan/digitize some old printed pictures. I have a 5MP Sony FD-717
    and would like to avoid buying a scanner. In the past, I read about
    attachments one can use in conjunction with a digital camera to take
    pictures of old printed pictures. Anyone know of one that will work well
    with the Sony FD-717?
    eNo, Nov 8, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  2. eNo

    Ed Ruf Guest

    I believe you are remember slide attachments which let old slides or
    negatives be photographed, not prints.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    Ed Ruf, Nov 8, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  3. eNo

    YAG-ART Guest

    You just use a copy stand. Or you can mount the images flat on a
    wall, and use a tripod under the camera. Aim the camera at the middle
    of the image (must be at the same hight as the middle of the image).
    then add lighting to the image and shoot. It also helps to have the
    image you are coping to be flat.
    YAG-ART, Nov 8, 2004
  4. eNo

    ZONED! Guest

    "Some" being a bit vague, if it is just a few, perhaps you might look
    into using an office service such as Kinko's. You can scan until your
    budget runs out and copy all to a CD. The results of a decent scanner
    on prints will be better than taking another picture of them.
    ZONED!, Nov 9, 2004
  5. eNo

    lefty Guest

    You can buy a copy stand...but a table or wall works just as well. If
    they are still really glossy... use the matte glass from and 8X10
    frame to cover and add light..
    lefty, Nov 9, 2004
  6. eNo

    zeitgeist Guest

    find an enlarger being dumped, take the head off and use the rest for a copy
    zeitgeist, Nov 10, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.