Does Photoshop 8.0 have a Mask Brush tool?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by loquak, Dec 30, 2006.

  1. loquak

    loquak Guest


    I was wondering if PS has a tool with which it's possible to select an
    area, as if with the lasso tool, but instead by painting the area with a
    brush? If not, how can I do this the easiest way?

    loquak, Dec 30, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  2. loquak

    Talker Guest

    Create a layer mask and use a brush to paint on it.

    Talker, Dec 30, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  3. loquak

    Mike Russell Guest

    The selection brush remains an Elements only feature. Photoshop does
    support QuickMask mode, which allows you to get the same effect by making
    the current selection visible as a colored layer, which you may paint and
    erase using the normal tools.
    Mike Russell, Dec 30, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.