Does PhotoShop have an 'extract' tool

Discussion in 'Photography Chat' started by johns, Feb 3, 2014.

1. johns

johns

I have many years of photos taken in the years of film (remember - film?). Anyway, I want to scan them to better share with my children. What I would like to do is to scan as many photos at a time as my flatbed scanner will hold.

Then I would like to be able to 'extract' individual pics to a file of its own WITHOUT destroying the remaining photos on the original scan. As you know using the 'Crop' command destroys the remainder of the original scan.

I am using Photoshop version 6 but will upgrade or purchase another application if necessary.

Thanks in advance, JohnS

johns, Feb 3, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. johns

Elf

What I do is: Crop, do a SAVE AS to another file name. Then I undo the crop, crop the next one, do another Save As, etc.

Elf, Aug 21, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. johns

spiritmotne

When youextractan object,Photoshoperases its background to transparency. Pixels on the edge ... ChooseFilter>Extract, and then specifytooloptions: ... Youdonotneedto highlight areas where the object touches the image boundaries.

spiritmotne, Dec 29, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question