drawing tabelts?

Discussion in 'Australia Photography' started by www.kevinkienlein.com, Nov 22, 2006.

1. I am looking towards buying a drawing tablet for use with Photoshop etc. Does anyone have any suggestions brand wise?

I found some on EBay, the brands were: UC-LOGIC, Wacom, DigiPro, Hanvon, Aquila, Graphire, GENIUS, Medion, Cool-iCam, CyberTablet, Nisis Easypen, Art Pad, Adesso, Acecad, Aiptek, E 3 WORKS, KB Gear,

Being new to this gizmo I would like some feedback also, on what size is best to get, 4x6, 6x8, or larger. Some have wireless mice and some are stand alone, is one better than the other, or should just get a stand alone tablet? What about pressure levels, is this important?

Any suggestions or comments would be most appreciated... kk

www.kevinkienlein.com, Nov 22, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. www.kevinkienlein.com

Christopher Guest

Wacom is industry standard. Size depends on your drawing/writing style. If you sketch/write small with very little write movements then a 4x5 is enough but if you like to move your whole write or arm then 6x8 or 8x12 might be better suited though price increases with size. Attachments wise you can always buy later if you find you need it but in most cases the included pen and nibs are enough. In terms of pressure levels I doubt you'd notice any major difference unless your an illustrator.
    I am looking towards buying a drawing tablet for use with Photoshop etc. Does anyone have any suggestions brand wise?

I found some on EBay, the brands were: UC-LOGIC, Wacom, DigiPro, Hanvon, Aquila, Graphire, GENIUS, Medion, Cool-iCam, CyberTablet, Nisis Easypen, Art Pad, Adesso, Acecad, Aiptek, E 3 WORKS, KB Gear,

Being new to this gizmo I would like some feedback also, on what size is best to get, 4x6, 6x8, or larger. Some have wireless mice and some are stand alone, is one better than the other, or should just get a stand alone tablet? What about pressure levels, is this important?

Christopher, Nov 22, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. tnx.. helpful info... kk
    Wacom is industry standard. Size depends on your drawing/writing style. If you sketch/write small with very little write movements then a 4x5 is enough but if you like to move your whole write or arm then 6x8 or 8x12 might be better suited though price increases with size. Attachments wise you can always buy later if you find you need it but in most cases the included pen and nibs are enough. In terms of pressure levels I doubt you'd notice any major difference unless your an illustrator.
    I am looking towards buying a drawing tablet for use with Photoshop etc. Does anyone have any suggestions brand wise?

www.kevinkienlein.com, Nov 22, 2006
  4. www.kevinkienlein.com

Mike Warren Guest

I use a small Wacom Graphire 4 and find it quite good. One big
    advantage is that it doesn't need batteries in the stylus. Some do
    which makes the stylus heavier.

For photo editing most people prefer the smaller ones but those that do
    more artistic stuff tend to prefer the larger ones.

Mike Warren, Nov 23, 2006
  5. www.kevinkienlein.com

siamusnomore

Well, I've only used two kinds. One by Aiptek and I got one today by Hanvon. If you're not gonna do any serious artwork I can recommend the Aiptek. I've only used the Hanvon for a little while today but it seems MUCH better. I've never used a Wacom but those are the industry standard, people like Bert Monroy pretty much are pushing them hard. They are too expensive in my view. For the price they are, I think that they should DRAW for you!

siamusnomore, Mar 20, 2009
  6. www.kevinkienlein.com

siamusnomore

oh I'd like to add...the Aiptek's pen requires batteries. Hanvon's doesn't!

siamusnomore, Mar 20, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question