Dual Layer DVD capable recorders?

Discussion in 'Video Cameras' started by divoch, Mar 23, 2006.

  1. divoch

    divoch Guest

    Which DVD recorders that can record to DVD +R DL DVDs? Out of these which
    can record correctly widescreen picture?
    divoch, Mar 23, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  2. Liteons do the Dual Layer thingy. www.liteonit.com
    Not sure about the widescreen switching though. I'll check mine out
    tonight and let you know (My TV is always on widescreen so I never

    Dr Hfuhruhurr, Mar 23, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  3. divoch

    divoch Guest

    I know about the widescreen problem only from discussions about
    Sony RDR-HXD710 pvr which does not , apparently, store
    correctly 16:9 flag and which is important for automatic TV switching
    divoch, Mar 23, 2006
  4. divoch

    Tony Morgan Guest

    Go to:
    to check out yourself.
    Tony Morgan, Mar 23, 2006
  5. Checked it out, no it doesn't record with the widescreen 'trigger'.
    Once dumped to an RW disk you could use IFO edit to insert the
    widescreen flag youself, and re-burn.
    It is a bit shite that it doesn't do it though.


    Dr Hfuhruhurr, Mar 24, 2006
  6. divoch

    divoch Guest

    It is shame, it is even more shame that such and expensive unit as
    Sony RDR-HXD710 does not do it either. That is why I wonder
    if there are any current recorders which do it correctly.
    divoch, Mar 24, 2006
  7. My old Tosh VCR does. Silly innit.

    Dr Hfuhruhurr, Mar 24, 2006
  8. divoch

    News Will Guest

    My present RDR-GXD500 doesn't, but my old Philips DVDR-880 recorded it OK
    (RGB from a set top box, or analogue channel 4)
    News Will, Mar 25, 2006
  9. divoch

    divoch Guest

    As Philips invented DVD +R DL I would hope that some of their recorders
    would be able to do it correctly.
    divoch, Mar 26, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.