Durst cls 305

Discussion in 'Darkroom Developing and Printing' started by Lou, Jul 7, 2004.

  1. Lou

    Lou Guest

    Hi everybody,
    i bought for my daughter an old second hand enlarger with Durst cls 305
    color head, so she can practice an develop her first b&w pictures by
    herself. But i can hardly find any manual about this model, and it would be
    great if someone could give me a few informations. This would badly help us.
    And specially what for is the button in/out called "B.filter
    white light" in the front of the enlarger.
    And the second on the left of the head ?
    Thanks for your help.

    Lou, Jul 7, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  2. Lou

    Magdalena W. Guest

    I have a manual for that enlarger in German, if that's any help.
    I could scan it and send to you as .jpg files, if you want to.
    AFAIK, this turns off the color head and lets only white light from
    the halogen bulb flow through.

    Magdalena W., Jul 7, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  3. Lou

    Nick Zentena Guest

    First of all go to the Durst website and email them about a manual. At
    worst they'll say no but if they have one in stock they'll likely send it to


    The white light filter likely moves the filters out of the light path so you
    can focus without the filters. It's alot easier then rotating filters
    in/out. Set the filters turn on the enlarger then push the button. Do you
    now see white light?

    Nick Zentena, Jul 7, 2004
  4. Lou

    Lou Guest

    First of all go to the Durst website and email them about a manual. At
    I did it. Still waiting..
    Well, no, as a matter of facts, the swich on the left side does this (remove
    filters) , but the button on the front marked "B. filter white light" adds
    a kind of filter that attenuates the light when turned on.
    Lou, Jul 8, 2004
  5. Lou

    Nick Zentena Guest

    When I request one for my enlarger they had it here in about one week.
    Haven't they at least answered your email?

    Neutral density then?

    Nick Zentena, Jul 8, 2004
  6. Lou

    Lou Guest

    That's probably what it is. Thank you. I'm learning.
    But i can't find what B is standing for...
    Best regards
    Lou, Jul 8, 2004
  7. That sounds like what we call a "neutral density filter." It reduces
    total light without having to stop down below optimum lens opening or
    change the color temperature by dimming the bulb. Useful when you want
    a long enough exposure to do some dodging or burning, or as part of the
    total filter setting to maintain constant exposure across a range of
    multi-contrast filtrations.

    I may be a scwewy wabbit, but I'm not going to Alcatwaz!
    -- E. J. Fudd, 1954

    Donald Qualls, aka The Silent Observer
    Lathe Building Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/HomebuiltLathe.htm
    Speedway 7x12 Lathe Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/my7x12.htm

    Opinions expressed are my own -- take them for what they're worth
    and don't expect them to be perfect.
    Donald Qualls, Jul 9, 2004
  8. Lou

    Baz Guest

    It stands for Blende. That's Blind in english. That's iris diaphragm in
    photo slang.

    In your head the lever pulls in/out a metallic mesh in front of the path
    light to dim it without altering Kelvin degrees of the source. Born for
    extend color printing capabilities, is useful also in moder B&W
    multicontrast papers that are designed to work with tungsten halo bulbs.
    Baz, Jul 9, 2004
  9. Lou

    Lou Guest

    Thank you
    Best regards,
    Lou, Jul 9, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.