DVI computer to DVI-TV?

Discussion in 'Professional Video Production' started by THERDRAIL, Nov 8, 2004.



    hi there,
    searched in the places i know to see if there is a way to convert the DVI
    connection/signal coming out of my computer to be able to be used with the DVI
    input on my hD TV.
    Is there a product that will do this?
    also, is there by an chance there exists a DVI-TV
    (i know is not technically called this but i'm not sure what it IS really

    THERDRAIL, Nov 8, 2004
    1. Advertisements


    PETERWOJ Guest

    hi there,
    I believe DVI is a standard like VGA and only needs cables (no convertion ) .
    There is newer standard called HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) but
    even here you can buy a cable with DVI on one side and HDMI on the other. So
    just make sure number of pins and physical size is the same as sometimes there
    could be some variations. There are all kinds of different switchers on the
    market but I'm not sure what exactly do you need. For example my HD TV has
    separate input for VGA (computer) and another one for DVI for video from HD
    cable box for example. It also has component inputs, S-video input and
    composite input so I can connect everything I have and do the switching on TV.
    If you have 2 DVI outputs and only one DVI input on TV yes, you need a
    switcher. http://www.avsforum.com/ will have links, info and much more.
    PETERWOJ, Nov 9, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.