Flash connector cable ?

Discussion in 'Australia Photography' started by [BnH], Jun 1, 2004.

  1. [BnH]

    [BnH] Guest

    Hi guys n gals,

    Just wondering . . before I go down to some photographic equipment shop and
    ask for this specific item ..
    I might want to ask here what are they called.

    Its a cable .. that links your camera body [Nikon for this case] to your
    Strobe flash, softbox .. or whatever you name it.

    Are they called .. Flash sync cable ? PC Sync cable ? or do they have other
    name ?
    as I really hate to be stared at like an alien when I starting to ask them
    about photo equipment [2 visits .. 2 strange stares .. ]

    like last week .. when I gave a comment .. that Pentax *st D shutter clap is
    much softer than my D1H.

    Also what's the rough price for them locally ?


    [BnH], Jun 1, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  2. [BnH]

    Bushy Guest

    The beter photo stores that sell camera gear will have the brochures that
    are available for the renge of Nikon gear. As well as the one for flash
    units, get the one for flash accessories as well. The cables are called
    those names, among others, but more often other names that I won't repeat in
    a group that might be frequented by children.......

    Don't know where you are, but in Brisbane Photo Continental have them, and
    they have a high enough turnover to give you the brochure/guide to the range
    of flash gear there is to suit your camera.

    There are several different types depending on which model camera and which
    model flash. There are (not cheap!) Nikon adaptors available to suit almost
    any occasion.

    Several model cameras have their own Nikon connector that is not available
    anywhere unless you want to mold up your own with some epoxy glue and a
    broken apart DB25 connector. Depends on your level of electronincs
    knowledge. Several of the generic hot shoe adaptors will work with Nikon
    hotshoes, but some will not as they short out the extra contacts. Inspect
    before buying, these are often found at swap meets and so on.

    My old SB 24's had an extra standard PC cable inlet that then let it be used
    with my old Rollie TLR so long as I used it in manual or automatic with the
    flash sensor.

    Hope this helps,
    Bushy, Jun 1, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.