folded brochure

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by RR, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. RR

    RR Guest

    Anyone here know what the correct printing term is for a brochure that is
    folded up like a map, say into 16 or 24 sections (that is, counting both
    sides of the sheet)?

    RR, Sep 2, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  2. RR

    OpinionMan Guest

    Either a Map or Accordion Fold depending on the desired effect.

    OpinionMan, Sep 2, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  3. RR

    Stan Wojda Guest

    If it is folded so that there is one smooth folded edge on the side (for
    inserting into an envelope) it is a "map fold" usually on a 22" X 26" sheet
    of paper. However if more than one fold is on both sides it is an accordian
    fold or some bastard variation of an accordian fold. Check with your printer
    before you attempt something like this as not many have the bindery
    equipment to handle this.
    Stan Wojda, Sep 3, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.