Followup: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC33 Vs. Minolta G500

Discussion in 'Panasonic Lumix' started by Jojo H, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Jojo H

Jojo H Guest

Ok, I think I'm pretty much down to one of these two. Thanks very much for all your pointers. I realize that
    Canon A70 can't be beat in this category, but the E-18 error is just too frightening. After looking at all the
    suggested cameras and others, I'm torn between the Panasonic Lumix LC33 and the Minolta G500.
    From the sample pictures out there it looks like these two all but match Canon's image quality, whereas
    most of the other cameras show blurring, purple fringes or unnatural colors in everyday-type photos.

I'm only wondering now whether it is justifiable to spend ~$325 on the Minolta vs ~$225 for the
    Panasonic. I'm also factoring in possible cost of extra proprietary battery for the Minolta ($40ish?).
    I'm leaning towards the Panasonic, but would like to hear your views. There is also a 4MP version of the
    Panasonic, but at >$300 - compared to the 5MP Minolta it doesn't offer any value.

Jojo H, Oct 29, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question