Font weight change?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Marion Sherman Howard, Jul 29, 2003.

  1. Is there a way to change the weight of any font in Photoshop? Aside
    from the normal/bold, etc. options, is there a way I can play with the

    Thanks for any help.

    Marion Howard
    Marion Sherman Howard, Jul 29, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  2. Marion Sherman Howard

    J C Guest

    If you rasterize the type, then select it, then expand (or contract)
    the selection, then yes, you can change the weight. But you will not
    be able to edit the type after rasterizing it.

    Also, consider that anything you can do with filters and plug ins can
    also be done to type.

    -- JC
    J C, Jul 29, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  3. Marion Sherman Howard

    edjh Guest

    From the Character palette (click the little "page" icon on the Options
    Bar) you can choose faux bold. The text will still be editable but you
    won't be able to use text warp with it.
    edjh, Jul 29, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.