Gradient layer to control transparency?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by news, Jun 22, 2004.

  1. news

    news Guest

    This is probably childsplay for a lot of you photoshop pro's out there, but
    I'm stumped.

    I want to blend two images together. The technique I'm using now, is on the
    top layer I'm using at large eraser to blend out the parts I want to show
    through. However this is destructive, I would like to have a seperate layer,
    that is a solid color with transparency in parts to control how the other
    layer shows through. Can this be done using some sort of layer mask? If
    someone could point me to a tutorial or give me some tips I'd appreciate it.
    news, Jun 22, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  2. news

    edjh Guest

    Layer mask is the way to go. Here's one tutorial. Many others can be
    found by doing a Google search on Layer Mask.

    Layer masks are very easy once you get the hang of them and they are
    extremely useful.
    edjh, Jun 22, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.