Graphic Pen Tablet?

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras' started by long eddy, Jun 18, 2006.

  1. long eddy

    long eddy Guest

    Using Dell PC
    Win98 / P III @ 300 mhz

    Is there a piece of hardware - like a pen tablet or stylus?- that I can use
    instead of a mouse - when using PSP, Photoshopp or Flash that would make
    drawing shapes easier - with more control?

    I'm not certain what this thing would be called.

    If anybody has any suggestions - I would appreciate it.
    Thank you.

    long eddy, Jun 18, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  2. long eddy

    Ben Brugman Guest

    Yes there is something called a pen tablet.
    Wacom is a producer of those.

    They make drawing, coloring etc. easier.

    There are other makes as well.

    Ben Brugman, Jun 18, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  3. long eddy

    Prometheus Guest


    I am using an earlier version, original under Win98se, now XP.

    N.B. They have other sizes.
    Prometheus, Jun 18, 2006
  4. long eddy

    Pepe Guest

    Lower prize same thing!

    Pepe, Jun 19, 2006
  5. long eddy

    J. Clarke Guest

    It's called a "graphics tablet". Wacom is currently the major producer.
    Downside is that they don't support any version of Windows earlier than
    98SE with their USB products--if you have 98SE then you're set, otherwise
    you'll have to upgrade to that from 98 non-SE.

    Probably more than you can afford, but the 21" Cintiq is exceedingly nice,
    downside is that it needs XP or later.
    J. Clarke, Jun 19, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.