Grips? Booms? Scaffolding?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment' started by Charlie Everton, Apr 12, 2016.

  1. Charlie Everton

    Charlie Everton

    Apr 12, 2016
    Likes Received:
    Hey all, I'm new here and strictly speaking a Videographer... My question is about a generic studio set-up though, so I'm still hoping there's someone out there who can help.

    I'm filming some overhead stuff (food preparation) for a Dental Consultant (yes, I know right?) and have decided to go with an overhead mirror, as opposed to a crane-mounted camera, with lots of wires and monitors.

    Pretty much like this:

    If you look at the guy's set-up, he has what looks like a couple of booms, with some fancy grips (for holding the mirror)... I obviously need these, but I don't know what I'm looking for specifically. I can't seem to find the right keywords, so I can order them.

    It's possible they're light booms, but I'm not sure they'd be strong enough to support a large mirror.

    Any pointers will be gratefully received.

    All the best

    Charlie Everton, Apr 12, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Similar Threads
There are no similar threads yet.