Have the gear and little idea

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' started by Ciarán, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Ciarán

Ciarán

Hi folks,
    i'm not a new photographer per se but far from the vaguest interpretation of a good one.
    As in my heading I have the gear a canon EOS 600D camera, a couple of stock kit lenses, a canon zoom ef-s 1:3.5-4.5 usm a 70 - 300 zoom usm { it's at my mums so not sure of all the lettering but will put it up soon } a manfroto tripod and a canon flash gun. Previous camera eos 1100d with kit lenses and a eos 35mm film.
    My problem is I have these great lenses and camera but the most I use on any of them is on AF on which ever feature on the top knob settings. This is ok most of the time but a waste of good gear. I'm based in Northern Ireland which basically means a limited choice of courses etc. Would love to do an online photography course possibly free and run through at own pace so would like some ideas or recommendations. Again I would like to hear some comments on the gear I've mentioned and also a recommendation of a good in between lens for close up pics. My photos aren't always sharp so I know i'm doing something wrong. Subject maters range from family photos, landscape/s, wildlife birds, flowers, riverside, motorsport and field team sports. So that's me and I would love to become a better more competent photographer and could do with all the advice/ridicule from those of you who have worked your way through the problems.

Cheers and thanks in advance

Ciarán, Jul 27, 2016
    Loren Welthagen likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Ciarán

A. Marie

CreativeLive has some good online classes. I have taken the Fundamental of Photography with John Greengo. I can go back and repeat different topics whenever I want a refresher. His teaching style is easy to follow. It wasn't free, but not cost prohibitive. I felt it was well worth it. Check out www.creativelive.com
    I hope this helps.

A. Marie, Sep 24, 2016
    1. Advertisements