Help identifying type of roll film.

Discussion in 'Darkroom Developing and Printing' started by Some Dude, Aug 11, 2005.

  1. Some Dude

    Some Dude Guest


    I purchased a camera at a flea market with film in it and exposed. I
    pulled it out of an Agfa Isolette (c 1950-1960). The only identifier
    (at all) on the film is a sticker that reads:

    CAUTION: The film can only be processed on our special equipment for
    triple print process.

    I am wondering if anyone knows what this process or can make an
    educated guess.

    Some Dude, Aug 11, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. Some Dude

    UC Guest

    I'm almost certain that it's not C41. Probably a private-label using
    the old Agfa or old Ansco process, and no longer available. Toss it.
    UC, Aug 11, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. The only thing I can think of is to look at the rims of
    the spool to see if anything is written there. There were
    not very many genuinely special processes around. This
    _might_ be something like Kryptar film, a knock off using
    expired Kodachrome patents, or it could be plain vanilla B&W
    film being promoted by some photofinisher of the time.
    Richard Knoppow, Aug 11, 2005
  4. Some Dude

    UC Guest

    UC, Aug 11, 2005
  5. Some Dude

    Some Dude Guest

    Richard i'm going to email you privately as we don't need the troll
    Some Dude, Aug 11, 2005
  6. Some Dude

    UC Guest

    'The troll' knows more about it than anyone else, dumbass.
    UC, Aug 11, 2005
  7. Some Dude

    Ken Hart Guest

    I remember the "Triple Print" film: the prints you got back were (from the
    126 size) a 4"x4" and (2) 2"x2" prints on one sheet. When my (older) brother
    was in the army in VietNam, he used this film. Mother put the 4x4 prints in
    an album, and sent the 2x2 prints back to him.

    Unfortunately, since I was about 12 years old at the time, I don't know
    exactly what type of film/process it was. You could contact Film Rescue
    International in Canada-- they process old process film.
    Ken Hart, Aug 12, 2005
  8. It's C-22 film discontinued in the 70's. You can get it
    processed at Rocky Mountain Film Labs.

    Michael Gudzinowicz, Aug 12, 2005
  9. You're probably right. Agfa made custom film for many
    house brands. But it might also be Farrania or one of the
    other obscure makes. It probably makes little difference in
    processing it. Film Rescue or Rocky Mountain Labs, both
    mentioned by others in this thread, might be able to
    identify it and process it. Of course, there is a chance the
    images are no longer recoverable.
    Boy, back to the days of Jumbo sized prints with deckeled
    Richard Knoppow, Aug 12, 2005
  10. Some Dude

    Mike King Guest

    Yep when I worked in the Photo Studio at my college we sent out our color
    negative film, used the 2x2's for filing and the 4x4's for proofs for the
    department that had made the photo request. Shot it all with a couple of
    Hasselblads then sent the stuff out to the corner drug store. Process C-22.
    Mike King, Aug 16, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.