How do I get photos that look like they are cut out

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Billy Boy, Sep 15, 2007.

  1. Billy Boy

    Billy Boy Guest


    How can I get photos that look like they have been cut out, have jagged edges, etc.

    Saw this recently. Don't know how it is done. Looks great.

    Any help appreciated.



    Billy Boy

    To reply correct [at] and [dot]
    Billy Boy, Sep 15, 2007
    1. Advertisements

  2. Billy Boy

    Joel Guest

    I dunno how I can help you, but I believe it's called FRAME. I believe
    there are stand-alones, plug-ins, and even action.

    It has been around for many years, and I was toying with it/them while I
    was still using some plug-ins, and I rarely use any plug-in for many years
    Joel, Sep 15, 2007
    1. Advertisements

  3. Billy Boy

    Cats Guest

    A photo editor that will handle layers will do the trick - for example
    Photoshop, Elements or PaintShopPro.

    In essence you put a new (raster) layer on top, flood-fill it with
    white and select the correct blend mode (screen I think). It will
    look white. Then you paint in black where you want the photo to show
    through. I'm sure there are other probably better ways of doing the
    same thing, Google will find lots of tutorials.

    If you save it in the native file format (.psd, .pspimage or whatever)
    you can adjust the cut-out effect if you want.
    Cats, Sep 15, 2007
  4. Billy Boy

    Marvin Guest

    I found one by googling frames. Some image processing
    programs have a variety of frames built in.
    Marvin, Sep 16, 2007
  5. Billy Boy

    Cats Guest

    I found the frames tend to be rectangular rather than the kind of
    effect I think the OP is after.
    Cats, Sep 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.