I need a Canon wide angle lens

Discussion in 'Canon' started by Dave Porter, Nov 10, 2006.

  1. Dave Porter

    Dave Porter Guest


    I need a Canon EF wide angle lens. This is to take some photographs inside
    an apartment. I need it to be able to see the whole of the room, but without
    it looking like a fish eye view. Can anyone recommend a good lens for this?

    Dave Porter, Nov 10, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  2. Dave Porter

    frty Guest

    ef or can you do ef-s ?
    frty, Nov 11, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  3. Dave Porter

    Dave Porter Guest


    Yes either. I should have said it's for a Canon 30D.
    Dave Porter, Nov 11, 2006
  4. Dave Porter

    frty Guest

    frty, Nov 12, 2006
  5. Dave Porter

    Dave Porter Guest

    Dave Porter, Nov 13, 2006
  6. Dave Porter

    Thorsten H. Guest

    Hi there,
    in my opinion it is the better way to take pictures with normal angle (50mm)
    and stitch them. When you use a wideangle you ever get pix looking like
    taken with a fisheye. A good software for stitching is Canon photostitch.

    Thorsten H., Nov 28, 2006
  7. Dave Porter

    Bouncer Guest

    There are a number of filters available for Photoshop and other
    programs that will allow you to correct the distortion mentioned here.
    A fisheye lens generally requires some correction to get a usable
    photo, unless the desired effect is the fisheye look.
    Bouncer, Nov 30, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.